Top 10 New Year’s Eve Destinations That Have Points Availability
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thanksgiving is already over and Christmas and New Year’s Eve will be upon us before you know it, if you haven’t booked a spot already – then it is definitely time to start thinking about where you are going to ring in 2014.
For today’s Top 10, I am going to cover some great hotels all over the world that have award availability for the New Year, so that you can celebrate to the fullest without paying outrageous holiday prices.
1. Andaz Peninsula Papagayo: Following fast on the heels of the recent official opening of the Andaz Maui, Hyatt announced earlier this year that it would be opening the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo in Costa Rica on December 20, 2013, to become the brand’s first property in Central America. Even better is that you can use Hyatt Gold Passport points to book your stay there! Room rates over New Year’s Eve cost $700 per night, but will only set you back 22,000 points for a standard Andaz Twin room, which has a balcony offering partial bay and tropical forest views. That is the same points needed as for a night in mid-February, when rates are just $500 per night.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.