Hilton HHonors Offers Elites Expedited 2015 Requalification
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fast on the heels of Hilton’s announcement Monday that it would be discontinuing its Points + Variable Miles double dipping earning option, the program sent out emails to targeted elites who have already requalified for their current status in 2013 for the 2014 year the opportunity of a “Status Jumpstart” where all their future stays (not nights) through the end of 2013, in addition to their 2014 stays, will count towards their 2015 status.Per the terms and conditions, this is a targeted offer and is valid on eligible stays completed between November 1 and December 31, 2013 HHonors members must first register for the offer prior to the check-out of the first stay within the promotion period.
The offer applies only to stays and will not count towards the HHonors member’s Base Points or nights in 2014. The elite status you earn or maintain (through this promo will be valid until March 2016.
I think this is an interesting promo on Hilton’s part that’s sort of like Delta’s Rollover miles where any miles you earn above and beyond your elite status threshold requirement but below the next threshold count towards your next year’s elite status qualification – and it’s clearly a way for Hilton to encourage its elites who have already requalified for 2014 to continue staying at Hilton rather than straying to another chain. Another way to look at it, though, is that it cannabalizes your qualification activity for 2014, so if you are on the Hilton hamster wheel, you could finish your qualification early again – even earlier next year – and then try out some other chains once you hit your desired HHonors elite status threshold.
I think this would be a much better promo if Hilton offered rollover night credit in addition to the stay credit since you could theoretically book a holiday vacation of 10 nights – enough to requalify you for HHonors Silver status – but it would only count as a single stay toward next year’s qualification, whereas someone who booked 4 one-night stays would get four times the requalification credit.
Still earning stay credit is better than nothing, and if you are one of the targeted elites who got this offer and 1) are interested in requalifying despite the horrible changes to Hilton’s program this past year, and 2) have some short stays to book with Hilton before the end of the year, this could be worth getting in on.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees