Chase Sapphire Preferred 40,000 Point Sign-up Bonus + 5,000 Points With Authorized User
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
As well as announcing a 10,000 point increase for the Freedom sign up bonus (No longer open to new applicants), Chase has also increased the Sapphire Preferred sign up offer to 45,000 bonus points. You will receive 40,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months and an additional 5,000 points when you add an authorized user to your account.
- Sapphire Preferred points can be transferred (usually instantly) at a 1:1 ratio to partners like United, Southwest, British Airways, Hyatt, Marriott and more. Tip: you can even transfer these points to other people- names do not have to match accounts.
- If you want to use points for any flight, they are worth 1.25 cents each. So the 45,000 sign-up bonus would equate to $562 in credit to be used on any trip and you earn miles on flights redeemed using this method.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
- 2 points per dollar for travel booked through Ultimate Rewards and up to 10 points per dollar on purchases through the Ultimate Rewards Mall
Although existing cardholders will not be able to take advantage of the additional cardholder bonus, there is no fee for adding an authorized user for new account holders.
Other Sapphire Preferred related posts:
Details on the Sapphire Preferred 2X on Travel
The Sapphire Preferred 7% Annual Dividend
Ranking the Chase Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partners
Top 10 Ways To Maximize Each Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partner
Why I Love Chase Ultimate Rewards
Ranking the Top Chase Travel Credit Card Offers
Top offers from our partners
How we chose these cards
- Learn Moreabout American Express® Gold CardTerms Apply