Are the Maldives Worth It? Short Answer: Absolutely Yes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here
If you’ve been following me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, you probably know by now that I’m currently in the Maldives at the Conrad on Rangali Island. I’m staying on pre-devaluation Hilton points and also two free nights from the sign-up bonus on the Citi Hilton Reserve card.
Bottom line: Yes, this place is far away and expensive, but it is absolutely magical. I paid an extra ~$500 a night to upgrade to an over-water bungalow that has a spa treatment room and I’m very happy I did so.
I don’t want to spoil my detailed hotel reviews that are coming, but bottom line is that I now understand what the hype is about.
The internet here is painstakingly slow, so I’m going to keep this post short.
To follow me on this trip (I’m also off to India and Dubai later this week) so make sure to check out my pictures and videos so far on Instagram and Twitter. Apologies in advance if they are over the top- hard to take low-key pics here!
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees