This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express.
Today, November 25, 2013, TPG team members checked the Card Match Tool and were pleasantly surprised to see that they were presented with an amazing offer. This tool is targeted, so you may not be eligible for the same offer, but it can’t hurt to try. Share what offers you get matched with below.
The offer is for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express card with a sign up bonus of 50,000 Membership Rewards points after only $1,000 spent within the first 3 months with the $175 annual fee waived the first year (vs. the public offer of only 25,000 points after $2,000 spent in the first 3 months). Since I already have this card I was not matched with this offer but I know several people who have been presented with it.
To see if you are eligible for this offer or any other amazing deals:
1. Go to the Creditcards.com Card Match Tool:
2. Enter your information
3. You should be redirected to a page with the offers from American Express and can apply directly from there.
Up to 50,000 Membership Rewards points for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express: The public offer on this card is just 25,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months, but this offer is for double that for spending half! So you get points by spending just $1,000 in 3 months and the rest of the terms are the same including the $0 Intro Annual Fee for the 1st year, then $195.. “Welcome bonus offer not available to current American Express card members.”
To read about great ways to maximize Membership Rewards points and why I find them so useful, check out my Top 10 post on reasons I like Membership Rewards cards, but one of the major reasons is the program’s numerous transfer partners, giving you the ultimate flexibility when redeeming your points.
Amex points also equates to $ as a base value if you use Amex’s Pay With Points feature rather than transferring to a travel partner program – that way you still get mileage and elite credit on any flights you purchase, which is a pretty great value for a card with no annual fee for the first year.
Membership Rewards can be hold a tremendous amount of value thanks to the program’s 22 airline and hotel transfer partners which include:
Star Alliance: Air Canada Aeroplan, Singapore, All Nippon Airlines
Oneworld: British Airways, Iberia, Cathay Pacific
Skyteam: Delta, Air France/KLM Flying Blue, Alitalia, Aeromexico
Other: Emirates, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, El Al, Frontier, JetBlue, Hawaiian Airlines
Best Western 1:1
If you are considering getting multiple cards before this offer expires, the other top rewards credit card deals on the market are on my Top Deals page.
For more information on this cards and Amex Membership Rewards, check out these posts:
The Ultimate Guide to American Express Membership Rewards Airline Transfer Partners
Analyzing Amex Membership Rewards Star Alliance Transfer Partners
Top 10 Lesser Known Amex Membership Rewards Airline Transfer Partners
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards