Thursday Giveaway: Tumi Vapor Carry On Bag And The Winner of the $250 Sear’s Gift Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this week, the AAdvantage shopping portal was offering an incredible 35 miles per $1 spent at eBags, the world’s largest online retailer of bags and accessories. I ended up ordering quite a few bags myself (and snagging a ton of bonus miles in the process), so I wanted to give one of them away this week for the Thursday Giveaway.
For this week’s contest, I’m giving away a Tumi Vapor International Carry-On, my favorite carry on roller bag, which retails for $495. The suitcase dimensions are 21.5″ x 14″ x 9″ – perfect for rolling up the aisle and stowing in an overhead bin. It has a durable and sleek polycarbonate shell so it won’t get dinged, and inside there is a divided packing section with a curtain with zip pockets and tie-down straps for the over-organized OCD traveler.
If you want to win this suitcase, all you have to do to enter is leave a comment on this post with your best carry-on packing tips – whether it’s rolling your shirts so they don’t get as wrinkled, or making sure you have your liquids in a quart-size plastic bag before getting to the TSA, or something none of the rest of us has thought of. Whatever your tip is, I want to hear it.
Just be sure to comment by 5:00pm ET on Monday, October 21 and we’ll announce the winner here next week. Happy packing!
And the Winner of the $250 Sears Gift Card Is…
For last week’s Thursday Giveaway, I decided to reward one lucky reader a $250 Sear’s Gift Card, since AAdvantage eShopping is offering 12X miles per $1 at Sears, which is also one of the Freedom’s qualifying department stores meaning you’ll earn an additional5 X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 when you use your Chase Freedom card (No longer open to new applicants) . The point of the contest was to leave a comment with your best tip for maximizing online shopping.
Last week’s winner, chosen at random, was Jason who commented:
I always check the Ultimate Rewards shopping site or United MileagePlus shopping site before making a purchase. Even some obscure, specialty stores qualify for great rewards.
Jason made a great point, that you should always check online shopping portals when you want to buy something because you never know what stores might be included no matter how obscure – and his favorite online shopping portal seems to be one of my favorites as well, the Ultimate Rewards portal for Chase, where when you log on with your Freedom, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, Ink Bold or Ink Plus account, you can earn valuable bonus Ultimate Rewards points on every dollar you spend. Congrats Jason! We’ll be in touch soon, and thanks for everyone for their great entries.
Good luck on this week’s contest!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.