Amazing Deal Alert: Philadelphia to Beijing for $441 Total Roundtrip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Per Paul5795 on Flyertalk, American and US Airways are offering incredible round-trip fares from Philadelphia to Beijing for $441 starting January 7 and going through March 7th, though there may be even more dates after that. This is a great way to bank tons of miles and visit a great country. You’re looking at 14,516 miles for $446 meaning you’re looking at a cost of 3 cents per mile- a true mileage run (if the elite qualifying miles are what you’re after).
There are multiple routing options and you can even build in some other domestic connections if you’d like to increase the miles you’d earn. If you are an Executive Platinum, depending on the dates you could use your EVIP upgrades to upgrade to Business Class, so keep that in mind. You can search upgrade availability using ExpertFlyer, but even if nothing is available now, it is likely AA will release space closer to departure. I had a blast when I went to China last year in January. While it is cold in the winter, tourist crowds are gone for the most part and I basically had the Great Wall to myself!
There are also fares from Baltimore in the sub $700 range, so check for your city and report back if you find anything worthwhile.
You do need a visa to go to China, which costs $170, but isn’t terribly hard to get. I paid a fee and used Allied Passport to get mine without having to leave home and they corrected some mistakes I made on the application.
For hotel recommendations and things to do in Beijing, be sure to check out my Destination of the Week: Beijing. Please feel free to comment on other dates you’re able to find, or other routing ideas!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees