Amazing Deal Alert: Philadelphia to Beijing for $441 Total Roundtrip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Per Paul5795 on Flyertalk, American and US Airways are offering incredible round-trip fares from Philadelphia to Beijing for $441 starting January 7 and going through March 7th, though there may be even more dates after that. This is a great way to bank tons of miles and visit a great country. You’re looking at 14,516 miles for $446 meaning you’re looking at a cost of 3 cents per mile- a true mileage run (if the elite qualifying miles are what you’re after).
There are multiple routing options and you can even build in some other domestic connections if you’d like to increase the miles you’d earn. If you are an Executive Platinum, depending on the dates you could use your EVIP upgrades to upgrade to Business Class, so keep that in mind. You can search upgrade availability using ExpertFlyer, but even if nothing is available now, it is likely AA will release space closer to departure. I had a blast when I went to China last year in January. While it is cold in the winter, tourist crowds are gone for the most part and I basically had the Great Wall to myself!
There are also fares from Baltimore in the sub $700 range, so check for your city and report back if you find anything worthwhile.
You do need a visa to go to China, which costs $170, but isn’t terribly hard to get. I paid a fee and used Allied Passport to get mine without having to leave home and they corrected some mistakes I made on the application.
For hotel recommendations and things to do in Beijing, be sure to check out my Destination of the Week: Beijing. Please feel free to comment on other dates you’re able to find, or other routing ideas!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.