10-20% Off Select Virgin America Flights With Promo Code GETDOWN - Today Only
Thru tonight at 11:59pm Pacific time Virgin America is offering 10%- 20% off the base fare for travel on certain routes for travel between November 4th and December 17th, 2013. There are a ton of rules around these discounts, but here are the basics:
- Promo code is valid for non-refundable Main Cabin tickets only
- 10% discount off the base fare for travel on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays and/or a 20% discount off the base fare for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
- Blackout dates are November 22, 2013 through December 3, 2013
- Discount will apply for travel between November 4, 2013 and December 17, 2013 for the following routes, in either direction: Los Angeles to Orlando/Cancun, San Francisco to Los Cabos/ Cancun/ Puerto Vallarta
- Discount will apply for travel between November 8, 2013 and December 17, 2013 for the following routes, in either direction: Austin- San Francisco, Dallas- Los Angeles, Dallas- San Francisco, Seattle- Los Angeles, Seattle - San Francisco, Portland - San Francisco,, Los Angeles - San Francisco, Los Angeles - San Jose, Las Vegas - Los Angeles, Las Vegas San Francisco and San Diego- San Francisco.
- Discount will apply for travel between November 12, 2013 and December 17, 2013 for the following routes, in either direction: Boston - Los Angeles/ San Francisco, Newark - Los Angeles/ San Fransico, JFK - San Francisco/Los Angeles/Las Vegas, Washington Dulles - Los Angeles/ San Francisco, Philadelphia - San Francisco/Los Angeles, Ft. Lauderdale - Los Angeles/San Francisco, Chicago O'Hare- San Francisco/Los Angeles.
- Promo code may be used only towards newly booked travel and may not be applied to prior bookings.
- Promo code is not eligible for Elevate points redemption bookings.
I priced this out on a Wednesday-Saturday Newark to San Francisco booking for December 4-7, 2013. Without the code the fare was $357.80- but with GETDOWN it dropped to $290.60.
Clearly there are some hoops to jump through, but the savings can be decent if you can work it around your schedule!