The Winner Of The US Open Swag Bag Is…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For last week’s Thursday Giveaway contest, I decided to give one lucky reader the cool swag bag I got while attending the US Open and visiting the Starwood Preferred Guest suite at the USTA including a cute Kate Spade tote.
The items in the prize include:
Kate Spade “Love is in the Air” Starwood tote
Starwood Preferred Guest Umbrella
Starwood Preferred Guest Resort Member Favorites Hardcover
SPG iPhone Cover
Lacoste Tennis Hat
Eucerin SPF 30 Moisturizer
Aquaphor Lip Repair
Commemorative Oversize US Open Tennis Ball
Plus 1,000 Starwood Preferred Guest points deposited directly into your SPG account.
To enter the contest, all you had to do is follow me on Twitter and tweet me @thepointsguy with the hashtag #TPGSPGSwag telling me what your favorite Starwood property is and why.
Now, Starwood is one of my favorite hotel chains – I go for Platinum elite status every year, and I’m currently a 100-nighter – but apparently I’m not alone and the prospect of SPG-labeled swag got a lot of people talking, because the Tweets kept coming in this weekend.
There were a lot of votes for fabulous, far-flung properties like the St. Regis Bali and Bora Bora, the W Maldives and other personal favorites of mine like the St. Regis Princeville on Kauai.
But the random winner was @devonpack who chose a much less… popular destination.
It just goes to show that there are plenty of great ways to find value and excitement from your hotel points – whether you’re using them to book an over-water bungalow on the other side of the planet, or a weekend stay at a great property in your own backyard.
Thanks to all those who entered and stay tuned this week for a huge giveaway that’s coming on Thursday!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees