The Winner Of The US Open Swag Bag Is…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For last week’s Thursday Giveaway contest, I decided to give one lucky reader the cool swag bag I got while attending the US Open and visiting the Starwood Preferred Guest suite at the USTA including a cute Kate Spade tote.
The items in the prize include:
Kate Spade “Love is in the Air” Starwood tote
Starwood Preferred Guest Umbrella
Starwood Preferred Guest Resort Member Favorites Hardcover
SPG iPhone Cover
Lacoste Tennis Hat
Eucerin SPF 30 Moisturizer
Aquaphor Lip Repair
Commemorative Oversize US Open Tennis Ball
Plus 1,000 Starwood Preferred Guest points deposited directly into your SPG account.
To enter the contest, all you had to do is follow me on Twitter and tweet me @thepointsguy with the hashtag #TPGSPGSwag telling me what your favorite Starwood property is and why.
Now, Starwood is one of my favorite hotel chains – I go for Platinum elite status every year, and I’m currently a 100-nighter – but apparently I’m not alone and the prospect of SPG-labeled swag got a lot of people talking, because the Tweets kept coming in this weekend.
There were a lot of votes for fabulous, far-flung properties like the St. Regis Bali and Bora Bora, the W Maldives and other personal favorites of mine like the St. Regis Princeville on Kauai.
But the random winner was @devonpack who chose a much less… popular destination.
It just goes to show that there are plenty of great ways to find value and excitement from your hotel points – whether you’re using them to book an over-water bungalow on the other side of the planet, or a weekend stay at a great property in your own backyard.
Thanks to all those who entered and stay tuned this week for a huge giveaway that’s coming on Thursday!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.