The Winner Of The 50,000 Hyatt Points Is…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For last week’s Thursday Giveaway, the good folks at Hyatt sent me 50,000 Gold Passport points to reward one of my readers. The point of the contest was to tell me what inspires you to travel in a 15-second video.
I got a ton of great entries via Instavid, YouTube and Vine, with live-action shots, photo collages and even some animation. Team TPG and I pored over the entries – we laughed a little, we teared up a little, and most importantly we were inspired to keep traveling ourselves.
After much deliberation (and a few rounds of voting amongst ourselves), we settled on the following video from TPG reader Kyle as our winner:
We thought it captured a lot of the same things that we love about travel – from experiencing new things, visiting friends, and just taking a moment to appreciate the moment – and he did it all in 15 seconds.
So congratulations, Kyle, and we hope you use them to have more great travel experiences. 50,000 Hyatt points is more than enough for 2 nights at a top-tier property like some of my favorites, including the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome and Park Hyatt Milan, but Hyatt’s six categories include redemptions ranging from 5,000-22,000 points – so there’s no end to the possibilities of how you can mix-and-match these points with redemptions. We hope that when you do, you’ll write in and tell us how you put them to use.
Thank you to all who entered, and keep traveling! In the meantime, if you haven’t done so yet, be sure to register for Hyatt’s “Discover New Possibilities” fall promo for your chance to earn 50,000 bonus Hyatt Gold Passport points and stay tuned for an even bigger Hyatt giveaway coming soon.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees