The Winner Of The 50,000 Hyatt Points Is…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For last week’s Thursday Giveaway, the good folks at Hyatt sent me 50,000 Gold Passport points to reward one of my readers. The point of the contest was to tell me what inspires you to travel in a 15-second video.
I got a ton of great entries via Instavid, YouTube and Vine, with live-action shots, photo collages and even some animation. Team TPG and I pored over the entries – we laughed a little, we teared up a little, and most importantly we were inspired to keep traveling ourselves.
After much deliberation (and a few rounds of voting amongst ourselves), we settled on the following video from TPG reader Kyle as our winner:
We thought it captured a lot of the same things that we love about travel – from experiencing new things, visiting friends, and just taking a moment to appreciate the moment – and he did it all in 15 seconds.
So congratulations, Kyle, and we hope you use them to have more great travel experiences. 50,000 Hyatt points is more than enough for 2 nights at a top-tier property like some of my favorites, including the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome and Park Hyatt Milan, but Hyatt’s six categories include redemptions ranging from 5,000-22,000 points – so there’s no end to the possibilities of how you can mix-and-match these points with redemptions. We hope that when you do, you’ll write in and tell us how you put them to use.
Thank you to all who entered, and keep traveling! In the meantime, if you haven’t done so yet, be sure to register for Hyatt’s “Discover New Possibilities” fall promo for your chance to earn 50,000 bonus Hyatt Gold Passport points and stay tuned for an even bigger Hyatt giveaway coming soon.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.