Royal Jordanian Awards Now Bookable on American Airlines Website
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines has been improving its website over the last year or so by adding award availability and booking capability for awards on more and more of its airline partners including Air Berlin, Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Hawaiian and Qantas.
Starting today, AA.com also allows AAdvantage members to search for and redeem miles for award flights on its Oneworld partner, Royal Jordanian. AAdvantage members can book online for round-trip, one-way, and multi-city award travel on Royal Jordanian or a combination of partner airlines.
To book award travel, just head over to AA.com site and login with your AAdvantage information, then then select “Redeem Miles” when putting in a flight search.
If you wanted to book a business class award ticket from New York (JFK)- Amman, Jordan using your American AAdvantage miles, the price would be 135,000 miles and $85 roundtrip.
These same flights for business class from New York (JFK)- Amman, Jordan were running over $4,200, meaning if you redeemed with your AAdvantage miles, you would be looking at a 3.11 cents per mile value.
Royal Jordanian also has some interesting “off-label” flights, such as this one from Bangkok-Hong Kong. For a Business Class ticket, it would cost 45,000 miles roundtrip Compare this to buying the ticket outright for around $715 roundtrip, you’d be getting only a 1.6 cents per mile value, so not the greatest, but it’s nice to have this new option available, and you could score an economy ticket for 15,000 miles each way on it.
Royal Jordanian is the national carrier of the Kingdom of Jordan and offers service to 60 destinations worldwide. They joined Oneworld back in 2007, so allowing awards to be booked online through American Airlines is certainly a nice improvement. I just hope American continues adding partner award booking availability to its website so that eventually we can book Cathay Pacific and LAN flights directly on AA.com as well!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.