Royal Jordanian Awards Now Bookable on American Airlines Website
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines has been improving its website over the last year or so by adding award availability and booking capability for awards on more and more of its airline partners including Air Berlin, Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Hawaiian and Qantas.
Starting today, AA.com also allows AAdvantage members to search for and redeem miles for award flights on its Oneworld partner, Royal Jordanian. AAdvantage members can book online for round-trip, one-way, and multi-city award travel on Royal Jordanian or a combination of partner airlines.
To book award travel, just head over to AA.com site and login with your AAdvantage information, then then select “Redeem Miles” when putting in a flight search.
If you wanted to book a business class award ticket from New York (JFK)- Amman, Jordan using your American AAdvantage miles, the price would be 135,000 miles and $85 roundtrip.
These same flights for business class from New York (JFK)- Amman, Jordan were running over $4,200, meaning if you redeemed with your AAdvantage miles, you would be looking at a 3.11 cents per mile value.
Royal Jordanian also has some interesting “off-label” flights, such as this one from Bangkok-Hong Kong. For a Business Class ticket, it would cost 45,000 miles roundtrip Compare this to buying the ticket outright for around $715 roundtrip, you’d be getting only a 1.6 cents per mile value, so not the greatest, but it’s nice to have this new option available, and you could score an economy ticket for 15,000 miles each way on it.
Royal Jordanian is the national carrier of the Kingdom of Jordan and offers service to 60 destinations worldwide. They joined Oneworld back in 2007, so allowing awards to be booked online through American Airlines is certainly a nice improvement. I just hope American continues adding partner award booking availability to its website so that eventually we can book Cathay Pacific and LAN flights directly on AA.com as well!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees