New Park Hyatt Siem Reap Offering 1,500 Bonus Points On Eligible Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last year when I visited Southeast Asia, one of my favorite stops on the itinerary was Siem Reap in Cambodia, where I stayed at Le Meridien Angkor and spent my days exploring the sprawling complex of Angkor Wat and the surrounding countryside. While I was there, I also visited the most famous hotel in town, the colonial Hotel de la Paix Angkor, for dinner, though it was later taken over by Hyatt and closed in June 2012 for renovation.
The hotel has since reopened as the Park Hyatt Siem Reap and to celebrate the opening, it is offering Hyatt Gold Passport members 1,500 bonus points on eligible stays now through November 30, 2013. To qualify for the bonus, your stay must be paid – so no award nights – and you must book directly through Hyatt using the offer code GP675. Only one Gold Passport member per reservation can earn the bonus.
I thought the old hotel was beautiful, but it looks like Hyatt did a gorgeous job renovating it – they hired Bangkok-based interior designer Bill Bensley for the job, and it’s the first Hyatt property in Cambodia. The hotel has just 108 rooms and suites and is right in the heart of town, just a 15-minute drive from the Angkor Archaeological Park.
Rooms start at 35 square meters (about 370 square feet) and are decorated with a contemporary take on traditional Khmer art, as well as luxury touches like hardwood floors, Italian marble bathrooms with spa tubs and rainfall showers, 40-inch plasma TV’s with cable and satellite as well as DVD players, wall-mounted media hubs, high-speed internet, Nespresso coffee machines and more.
The hotel grounds also feature a six-room spa that partners with Aromatherapy products, a lap pool and a free-form pool and lush gardens.
The hotel’s main restaurant is the Dining Room, with a menu of French-Indochine-inspired dishes, while the Living Room is more of a bar lounge with private tables between the colonnades facing out on the gardens. For something quick and casual, the hotel also offers the Glasshouse Deli & Patisserie for sandwiches, pizzas and ice cream among other bites.
All in all, it looks like a great new property, and if I make it back to Cambodia anytime soon (maybe a quick trip in the fall before this promo ends!) I would definitely like to book a stay here. Room rates in September start at $235 a night, and there is a ton of award availability September-November – pretty much every night I looked – so you can also snag a room for just 15,000 Gold Passport points per night since this is a Category 4 property. That’s just about 1.57 cents per points, so as long as rates are this low, I would probably just pay for my room, but they start to go up in October and November (closer to the $300 mark), so using your points might make more sense then.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees