Cheap Flights to Dublin on Delta: Chicago from $401 Total Roundtrip – Including St. Patricks Day!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dublin is one of my favorite cities in the world- great people, bars and overall vibe. It also helps that airfares dip low throughout the year. Today’s cheap fares are from Chicago- $401 total roundtrip and you can route via Atlanta for maximum miles- 9,088 valuable Medallion Qualifying Miles and base Skymiles plus up to 11,360 bonus SkyMiles depending on elite level. So a Diamond who books this trip banks 20,448 SkyMiles- even if you conservatively value them at 1 cent a piece, that is like receiving $204 back (51%!) in future redemption value!
Delta allows you to book flights and cancel them without any fees as long as you do so by midnight the following day, so if you think these might make sense for you, book now and take the next 24 hours to finalize your plans because they won’t last long.
These are bookable on Delta.com and you can go for weekend travel throughout November. To use the flexible dates/weekend trips, go to Delta.com -> Book a flight -> More search options and then use the flexible dates. You can also use the ITA Matrix software, but that was giving me some false results, so I found Delta.com the best for searching weekend/flexible travel.
Other carriers, like American, have somewhat cheaper fares ($600ish), but I haven’t seen any other match the $400/$500 fares, but if they do I’ll update this post. As always, comment with any other cheap finds you may find!
$401 is available on most weekends in November- including Thanksgiving and the first weekend in November before they shoot back up for holiday travel, but drop back down in January/February/March/April.
Itineraries are also available on KLM and Air France and you may be able to build in layovers in Amsterdam (another favorite) and Paris.
You can even fly over to enjoy St. Patricks Day (March 17) for $452! Plus you net 9,615 MQMs and a boatload of SkyMiles.
Chicago isn’t the only city with discounted fares- I’m seeing the following fares, but if you find anything better please comment below!
Las Vegas- $726
Los Angeles- $772
You can also bank a ton of points by using the right credit card and website/portal to book these flights, so check out my post on Choosing the Best Site and Credit Card for Purchasing Airfare
See also: Trip Report: A Long Weekend in Dublin, Ireland
Hotel Review: Westin Dublin
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees