Cheap Flights to Dublin on Delta: Chicago from $401 Total Roundtrip – Including St. Patricks Day!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dublin is one of my favorite cities in the world- great people, bars and overall vibe. It also helps that airfares dip low throughout the year. Today’s cheap fares are from Chicago- $401 total roundtrip and you can route via Atlanta for maximum miles- 9,088 valuable Medallion Qualifying Miles and base Skymiles plus up to 11,360 bonus SkyMiles depending on elite level. So a Diamond who books this trip banks 20,448 SkyMiles- even if you conservatively value them at 1 cent a piece, that is like receiving $204 back (51%!) in future redemption value!
Delta allows you to book flights and cancel them without any fees as long as you do so by midnight the following day, so if you think these might make sense for you, book now and take the next 24 hours to finalize your plans because they won’t last long.
These are bookable on Delta.com and you can go for weekend travel throughout November. To use the flexible dates/weekend trips, go to Delta.com -> Book a flight -> More search options and then use the flexible dates. You can also use the ITA Matrix software, but that was giving me some false results, so I found Delta.com the best for searching weekend/flexible travel.
Other carriers, like American, have somewhat cheaper fares ($600ish), but I haven’t seen any other match the $400/$500 fares, but if they do I’ll update this post. As always, comment with any other cheap finds you may find!
$401 is available on most weekends in November- including Thanksgiving and the first weekend in November before they shoot back up for holiday travel, but drop back down in January/February/March/April.
Itineraries are also available on KLM and Air France and you may be able to build in layovers in Amsterdam (another favorite) and Paris.
You can even fly over to enjoy St. Patricks Day (March 17) for $452! Plus you net 9,615 MQMs and a boatload of SkyMiles.
Chicago isn’t the only city with discounted fares- I’m seeing the following fares, but if you find anything better please comment below!
Las Vegas- $726
Los Angeles- $772
You can also bank a ton of points by using the right credit card and website/portal to book these flights, so check out my post on Choosing the Best Site and Credit Card for Purchasing Airfare
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.