Top 10 Signs You're Addicted to Miles and Points
Lately Buzzfeed has been on a roll filling up my Facebook newsfeed with witty Top lists that at times have made me laugh out loud like a lunatic. Whether it is 23 Signs You’ve Lived In New York City Too Long, 13 Simple Steps To Get You Through A Rough Day or even 16 Signs You’re Addicted To The Real Housewives- lists are great way to procrastinate on getting anything accomplished. Well, the TPG team got together recently and we brainstormed some of the idiosyncrasies of our hobby (read: obsessive lifestyle) and put together the Top 10 Signs You're Addicted to Miles and Points.
1. Your friends think your "hobby" is crazy, but the minute they need help with travel plans, you're the first person they call.
2. You know your cashiers at your local CVS or 7/11 (from buying so many Vanilla Reloads) better than most neighbors!
3. Holiday season means time off to nail down your elite status qualification… not the actual holidays.
4. You get agitated, and at times visibly angry when you have to use cash.
5. You've dined out at a mediocre restaurant solely for the bonus miles or points.
6. You have more credit available from your arsenal of credit cards than your annual salary.
7. Most people get stressed out walking into an airport, but for you it's game on.
8. You've given the "I feel sorry for you" look at people walking past you back to coach
9. Thanks to your elite status, this is what it looks like when you walk into a hotel.
10. While most people assume miles are useless because of "blackout dates" and "tricky expiration policies" you just roll your eyes.
So people may think you're crazy or roll their eyes from time to time, but from one points and miles addict to another - I wouldn't give up a single one of these if it meant not being able to travel, and I'm sure you wouldn't either!