Last Chance To Sign-Up for the Chicago Seminars: The Frequent Flyer Seminar You Don’t Want to Miss
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a reminder, registration for the 2013 Chicago Seminars, which is in good old Elk Grove, Illinois, right outside Chicago is now almost sold out. If you still want to attend, be sure to get your ticket and hotel room as soon as possible. As I was writing this post only 28/600 tickets remained up for sale so I wanted to give one last chance for TPG readers to attend- and hang with me! I won’t be doing many other talks until the NY and LA Times travel shows in the new year.
The event will take place Friday-Sunday, October 11-13, again at the Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village near O’Hare. You can register here for $85 for the weekend, which includes the cost of attending, but not your accommodations or dinner. We do not make money on this event- it is a grassroots community event and all proceeds go to charity (including a big donation from the raffle sales).
The host hotel, the Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village, is currently sold out, but don’t let that stop you from attending. There are a bunch of other hotels in the area including at O’Hare, so I still encourage you all to attend.
For the past two years, I have co-hosted the event along with The Frugal Travel Guy, Rick Ingersoll. This year, there will be about 600 frequent flyer enthusiasts in attendance and several informative sessions for both beginner and advanced mileage junkies, as well as some fun cocktail hours thrown into the mix.
I personally have given seminars on topics like American Express Membership Rewards and Maximizing Transferable Points and Bonus Spending Categories, as well as hosting get togethers for TPG readers.
I’ll be one of the event sponsors again and plan to give another presentation alongside prolific blogger Nomadic Matt, plus there will be lots of TPG prizes and specials as well, so stay tuned for more news closer to the event and I hope to see many of my readers there.
Rookie Bootcamp with Bikeguy or
International Bootcamp with Stefan from Rapid Travel Chai7:30- 8:30
SkyPesos to Delta Gold with FTI and Delta Points
Computer Tips and Tricks with Cliff Straton
Managing Family Accounts with HowieSaturday 8:30- 10 AM
Beginner Kickoff with Daraius MMS and Mommy Points
Advanced Shopping Portals with Hans Mast10-10:15 Coffee Break10:15- Noon
Beginner: Mileage Runs with Ben (Lucky)
Advanced: Mad Scientist Greg our Frequent MilerNoon to 1 PM Lunch1-2PM
Beginner Credit Cards with Rick FTG
Advanced Rental Cars with Daraius MMS and Stefan2-3:45PM
Beginner: Customer Service with Capt Denny
Advanced: Credit Card Strategies with the Points Guy
Cruising with Marshall Jackson
Hands on Award Booking with Ben (Lucky)
3:45- 4PM Coffee Break
4:00 to 5:45
Beginner: Award Booking with Ben (Lucky)
Advanced: ITA & ExpertFlyer with Stavros M and Chris L.
Amtrak Awards with Bikeguy and Goofy Foot
Spouses Reception with Mommy Points
7 or 7:30 PM til ??? Cocktail Reception
Sunday 8:30 – 10:30 AM Sponsors Workshop
10:30 – 11 AM Charity Raffle (Thanks Again Sharon)
11-12:30 Beginner: Using Hotwire and Priceline with Stefan
Advanced: Is the Mileage Game Just About Over? Steve Belkin the Contrarian
1:30-3PM Hotel and Airline Breakout Sessions in all four rooms
Group leaders: AA/US-ThePointsGuy and Stacey VGP, Delta-fti and Delta Points, UA-TBD, SW and others-Bonnie FTLawyer, SPG-Mrpickles, Hilton-TBD, Hyatt-Geoff Cardwatchdog, Priority Club-TCflygirl, Marriott-Sharon Skiadcock
3-3:15 PM Coffee Break
3:15 to 4PM Full Room “Two Styles of Using Miles”
NomadicMatt on hostels, couch surfing and coach vs
ThePointsGuy on high end, high priced and high living
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.