The Winner of the Thursday Giveaway of 2 Free Radisson Nights Is…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For last week’s Thursday Giveaway, I decided to give away two free night vouchers good at any North American Radisson or Radisson Blu property to be used before December 31, 2014.
To enter, you had to tweet me @ThePointsGuy with the hashtag #TPGFreeHotel and tell me which North American Radisson or Radisson Blu property or properties you would use the certificates at and why.
I got a ton of tweets from followers with great answers to where they would stay. No surprise, the trendy Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago was the most popular choice, but our randomly chosen winner was one of several tweeters who picked another runner up property, the Radisson Hotel & Suites in downtown Austin, Texas.
Our winner is TPG follower @BlakeSunshine, who tweeted the following entry: “
@thepointsguy I would use the vouchers for my parents to come visit me in Austin. The Radisson ATX is in a great location #TPGFreeHotel“
Not only is she going to use her vouchers to treat her folks to a nice visit out to see her in one of my favorite American cities, but the hotel she has chosen is in a great central location right off Congress Avenue and Lady Bird Lake in the heart of downtown. Plus, I hear it has the largest outdoor pool in the city, so her folks can relax and get some sun.
If you’ve been following me lately, you’ll see that I’ve been paying more and more attention lately to Club Carlson because of some great seasonal bonuses, promos like discount flash sales, exciting new credit card products that have really lucrative benefits like half-price award redemptions, and some great properties around the world. So @BlakeSunshine, I hope you enjoy your prize – and the rest of you, stay tuned for more Thursday Giveaways!
For more background on the program, check out my Maximizing Club Carlson series, whose posts include Base Level Earning and Redemptions, Business Program, Elite Status, Cash + Points Redemptions, and Top 10 Club Carlson Credit Card Half-Price Award Redemptions.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.