The Winner of the Thursday Giveaway of 2 Free Radisson Nights Is…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For last week’s Thursday Giveaway, I decided to give away two free night vouchers good at any North American Radisson or Radisson Blu property to be used before December 31, 2014.
To enter, you had to tweet me @ThePointsGuy with the hashtag #TPGFreeHotel and tell me which North American Radisson or Radisson Blu property or properties you would use the certificates at and why.
I got a ton of tweets from followers with great answers to where they would stay. No surprise, the trendy Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago was the most popular choice, but our randomly chosen winner was one of several tweeters who picked another runner up property, the Radisson Hotel & Suites in downtown Austin, Texas.
Our winner is TPG follower @BlakeSunshine, who tweeted the following entry: “
@thepointsguy I would use the vouchers for my parents to come visit me in Austin. The Radisson ATX is in a great location #TPGFreeHotel“
Not only is she going to use her vouchers to treat her folks to a nice visit out to see her in one of my favorite American cities, but the hotel she has chosen is in a great central location right off Congress Avenue and Lady Bird Lake in the heart of downtown. Plus, I hear it has the largest outdoor pool in the city, so her folks can relax and get some sun.
If you’ve been following me lately, you’ll see that I’ve been paying more and more attention lately to Club Carlson because of some great seasonal bonuses, promos like discount flash sales, exciting new credit card products that have really lucrative benefits like half-price award redemptions, and some great properties around the world. So @BlakeSunshine, I hope you enjoy your prize – and the rest of you, stay tuned for more Thursday Giveaways!
For more background on the program, check out my Maximizing Club Carlson series, whose posts include Base Level Earning and Redemptions, Business Program, Elite Status, Cash + Points Redemptions, and Top 10 Club Carlson Credit Card Half-Price Award Redemptions.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees