Registration Now Open for Hilton’s Q3 “Triple Your Trip” Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Registration is now open for Hilton’s Triple Your Trip Promotion. Like last year’s promo, which was essentially the same, this one isn’t too exciting, but at least there’s opportunity to earn triple points on weekend stays and double points on weeknight stays. Here are the details.
-Valid for stays July 9 – September 30, 2013
-To take part in this offer, you must first register prior to check-in.
–Hilton HHonors members earn triple points for stays on weekend nights: Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights
-Earn double points for weeknight stays on Monday through Thursday nights.
-Bonus points are earned only on base points, so this does not affect your double-dipping choice, and does not earn you more airline miles if you have that selected as your double-dipping option.
-There is an extensive list of non-participating hotels
If you have a stay consisting of both a mixture of weekend nights and weekday nights, you’ll earn the respective bonus points for each night, so you would earn the triple points for the weekend nights and then double points on the weekday nights.
Also note that if your stay begins before the promo period or ends after, you will only receive the bonus points for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the promotion period, regardless of a check-in date before the promotion period begins or a check-out date after the promotion period ends.
Per the detailed FAQ section, the bonus points will post six to eight weeks after your stay, and you earn the bonus regardless of your earning style – whether you double dip with Points + Points or Points + Miles – since the bonuses are calculated on your base points.
That said, one thing to look out for is the way the bonuses are calculated. Hilton takes your average nightly folio (your room rate) and then calculates the bonus based on that. That might sound innocuous enough, but if you have a reservation that spans both weeknights and weekends – let’s say a Thursday and a Friday night, you could find yourself short of the points you expect. For example, let’s say you pay $100 for a Thursday night but $200 for a Friday night at a property. Earning 10 base points per $1, you’d expect to earn 2,000 points for Thursday night with this promo (double) and 6,000 points for Friday (triple) for a total of 8,000 points. However, the way Hilton would calculate this is by averaging your room rate to $150 per night and awarding you 3,000 points for Thursday and 4,500 points for Friday – a full 500 points less than you would expect. You can see how on longer, more expensive stays, this could become an important factor.
To get around this, I’d suggest creating separate reservations for weeknights and weekend nights, or if you do stay over a weeknight/weekend break, ask the front desk to check you out and check you back in again. That won’t affect your elite night stay tally, but it should solve this problem.
While this isn’t the most lucrative hotel promo we’ve seen, it is still a good opportunity to earn some bonus points with Hilton. However, double check the non-participating property list to make sure the property you are staying at is participating as there are over 600 hotels that have opted out from this promotion.
Terms and Conditions: The offer (“Triple Your Trip”) is valid for eligible stays completed between July 9 and September 30, 2013 (“Promotion Period”) at any participating hotel or resort in the Hilton HHonors portfolio (click here for hotels who have chosen to not participate). Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/Triple prior to check-out of your stay within the Promotion Period. Registered HHonors members will receive the bonus only for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. For the Triple Your Trip promotion, the Bonus Points you earn per night are calculated based on the average nightly folio of your total stay (average nightly folio is calculated by taking the total net folio of your stay divided by the total number of nights of the stay). Triple Your Trip “Double HHonors Points” are awarded for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights in your stay. Triple Your Trip “Triple HHonors Points” are awarded for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in your stay. For a detailed explanation of how points are issued for Triple Your Trip, please see Frequently Asked Questions. “Double HHonors Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. “Triple HHonors Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to double the number of Base Points earned during a stay. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.