This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Giveaway has ended, but we still love and use these headphones!
In addition to questions about miles and points, I frequently get asked which headphones I use for my daughter when we travel. I am spoiled and love Bose headphones for myself, but spending that kind of money on kid headphones would be truly crazy. For a couple of years she had a pair we bought at Target that they no longer seem to make, but recently I couldn’t find those in time for a trip, so we ordered a new pair that had good reviews.
We decided on “Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for Kids”. I’m sure they sell them lots of places, but we got them on Amazon for $19.99. The price was good and they come in cool bright colors like blue, green, orange, pink, and purple. In addition to being affordable, the things I wanted from kid headphones are for them to have soft cushions for her ears, not damage her hearing, and be durable. The fact that they came in her favorite color (green) was just icing on the cake.
Here are the official selling points for the ear phones taken from Amazon (and no, I get nothing if you buy one…in fact I am buying an extra to giveaway!):
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – Lifetime Limited Warranty
- WORKS WITH iPad, iPod and iPhone and many many other audio devices
- Custom designed fit for children 2 yrs. and older – Light weight and comfortable
- Now available in five NEW COLORS – Pink, Orange, Blue, Green and Purple!
- FREE KidzControl Volume Limit Cable to limit audio volume to approximately 80% (~ 20dB lower) of original maximum volume
The headphones are really adjustable, so they would fit the heads of most very young toddlers, but in a pinch I can also use them as they will adjust even to my big head. They also are very good about staying put at the adjusted size unless you are really pulling on them. We don’t use any sort of protective case for them – we just pack them in her bag and call it good. They are made of a very flexible plastic that seems to have a fair amount of “give” to it. We have only had them a few months, but so far they are holding up just fine. We have used them with her portable DVD player, our iPad, and with in-flight entertainment all with no problem.
I also like that they come with a volume limiter that can limit the output to 80% of the device you are using. On the flip side, we didn’t have any issue making it loud enough for her to still be able to hear her movie while on a pretty loud airplane. There is also a volume control on the cord itself so that you or your kiddo can easily adjust the volume – this could be a good or bad thing depending on your kiddo.
I have nothing at all bad to say about our experience with these headphones, and certainly recommend them if you are looking for a good pair for your kid to use on trips. They are so good and affordable that I am more than happy to buy an extra pair for one of you to have for your kiddo.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that