Good Headphones for Kids + Headphones Giveaway
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Giveaway has ended, but we still love and use these headphones!
In addition to questions about miles and points, I frequently get asked which headphones I use for my daughter when we travel. I am spoiled and love Bose headphones for myself, but spending that kind of money on kid headphones would be truly crazy. For a couple of years she had a pair we bought at Target that they no longer seem to make, but recently I couldn’t find those in time for a trip, so we ordered a new pair that had good reviews.
We decided on “Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for Kids”. I’m sure they sell them lots of places, but we got them on Amazon for $19.99. The price was good and they come in cool bright colors like blue, green, orange, pink, and purple. In addition to being affordable, the things I wanted from kid headphones are for them to have soft cushions for her ears, not damage her hearing, and be durable. The fact that they came in her favorite color (green) was just icing on the cake.
Here are the official selling points for the ear phones taken from Amazon (and no, I get nothing if you buy one…in fact I am buying an extra to giveaway!):
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – Lifetime Limited Warranty
- WORKS WITH iPad, iPod and iPhone and many many other audio devices
- Custom designed fit for children 2 yrs. and older – Light weight and comfortable
- Now available in five NEW COLORS – Pink, Orange, Blue, Green and Purple!
- FREE KidzControl Volume Limit Cable to limit audio volume to approximately 80% (~ 20dB lower) of original maximum volume
The headphones are really adjustable, so they would fit the heads of most very young toddlers, but in a pinch I can also use them as they will adjust even to my big head. They also are very good about staying put at the adjusted size unless you are really pulling on them. We don’t use any sort of protective case for them – we just pack them in her bag and call it good. They are made of a very flexible plastic that seems to have a fair amount of “give” to it. We have only had them a few months, but so far they are holding up just fine. We have used them with her portable DVD player, our iPad, and with in-flight entertainment all with no problem.
I also like that they come with a volume limiter that can limit the output to 80% of the device you are using. On the flip side, we didn’t have any issue making it loud enough for her to still be able to hear her movie while on a pretty loud airplane. There is also a volume control on the cord itself so that you or your kiddo can easily adjust the volume – this could be a good or bad thing depending on your kiddo.
I have nothing at all bad to say about our experience with these headphones, and certainly recommend them if you are looking for a good pair for your kid to use on trips. They are so good and affordable that I am more than happy to buy an extra pair for one of you to have for your kiddo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees