1,500 Bonus Points With Select Summer Hyatt Stays in New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotel promotions have been pretty tame (and lame) this summer, with Hyatt only sending out targeted offers to certain members. I honestly didn’t remember getting an email from Hyatt, but just went through and saw that I had the following email sent to me on June 27, 2013:
“Pack your bags and head to any Hyatt hotel worldwide by September 30, 2013. You are registered to earn 3,000 bonus points for each of your next three eligible stays – up to 9,000 bonus points. Then redeem those points for a free night in a dream destination like Cancun or for other exceptional experiences, from suite upgrades to deep-tissue massages.”
3,000 points a stay isn’t bad if you’ve got three, cheap one-night stays. I value Hyatt points at about 1.8 cents a piece, so 3,000 = $54. However, the maximum ability to earn a half of one night at a category 5 property is uninspiring.
I was hoping that Hyatt would launch additional promotions and it looks like they are running one just for New York City stays. Now through August 31, 2013 at the Hyatt Union Square, Grand Hyatt New York, Hyatt 48 Lex, Andaz Wall Street and Hyatt Place New York/Midtown-South, you can earn 1,500 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on eligible stays.
I’m sad to see one of my favorite Hyatt NYC properties, the Andaz 5th Ave is not participating in this promotion. To participate in this deal, make sure you request offer code NYC15 at the time of your reservation and check-in to receive bonus points.
An “Eligible Rate” is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com or any Hyatt Gold Passport Hotel Partner website, the Hyatt Daily Rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. One bonus may be redeemed per member, per stay. The bonus points can take up to 6-8 weeks after travel is complete to post to your account.
In other Hyatt news, the 54-story Hyatt Times Square New York is scheduled to open in October 2013 an the Park Hyatt New York is scheduled to open in 2014 on 57th st between 6th and 7th avenues.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.