Reminder: Buy Club Carlson Points For 0.35 Cents With Daily Getaways – 1PM ET Today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s Week 2 of Amex’s Daily Getaways special vacation package sales, and today, Wednesday, June 19, Daily Getaways will be selling packages of Club Carlson points at a significant discount of up to 50%.
Here are the packages.
100,000 Club Carlson Gold Points – Redeem for a 2-Night Stay, $385 ($700 value), 71 Available, Max per purchase: 2
Dates of Travel: Anytime
50,000 Club Carlson Gold Points – Redeem for a 1-Night Stay, $194 ($350 value), 142 Available, Max per purchase: 2
Dates of Travel: Anytime
No more than 2 sets of points purchased through this offer are allowed per loyalty number. A maximum of 4 sets of points is allowed per loyalty number across both Club Carlson offers.
So with this promo, you are essentially buying Club Carlson points for 0.385 cents each instead of the 0.7 cents they usually cost – and if you pay with an American Express card, you get a further 10% discount, bringing your per-cent cost to 0.3465 cents per point. That means you’re getting a discount of over 50%.
Packages go live at 1PM ET and the numbers are pretty limited – just 71 of the 100,000-point ones and 142 of the 50,000 point ones, so you have to be quick on the draw.
To give you a concrete example, if you purchased 50,000 points – the point requirement for an award night at a top-tier Category 7 property – at the rate of 0.3465 cents each, you’d be paying $173.25 and would have enough points for one award night outright.
Just looking around at top-tier Carlson hotels in Europe this summer – let’s say you had some time off over the July 4 holiday and went wanted to hit Paris for a night around July 3-5. You could use those 50,000 points to stay at the Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan boutique property just a few blocks from the Eiffel Tower.
However, if you have one of the Club Carlson co-branded credit cards you get the last night of any award reservation of 2 nights or more for free. So if you do have one of those cards, your 50,000 points would get you two free nights. So the $173.25 you paid for those points would get you $1,500 in value in terms of room rates. You’d be saving over $1,300!
Granted, even though this hotel is quite a nice little hidden gem in a beautiful neighborhood just steps from the Eiffel Tower, these prices seem a bit inflated, but that’s what they’re going for and what you would have to pay if you were just using cash.
It is not always easy to get such high values from Club Carlson redemptions and you could argue that some of them aren’t worth it since I personally don’t put their top-tier hotels in the same category as those of other chains like Hyatt or Starwood, but the bottom line is, you could still be saving a lot of money on some great redemptions, especially if you have a little flexibility and know where to look.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees