Club Carlson Flash Sales All Week – Buy Points For As Low As 0.4 Cents
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday’s sale went live at just before 1:30PM ET and stayed live until 2:15PM ET – so if you want in, you have to act fast – and featured Club Carlson points on sale with a 75% bonus. All you had to do was click on the link in the Facebook post or Twitter feed, log into your account and purchase the points at the bonus level.
Club Carlson points normally cost 0.7 cents each (1,000 for $7), but with this sale, that price dropped to just 0.4 cents each. You can purchase up to 40,000 Club Carlson points per year, so you could have bought a total of 70,000 points for $280.
To give you a concrete example, if you purchased 50,000 points – the point requirement for an award night at a top-tier Category 7 property – at the rate of 0.4 cents each, you’d be paying $200. Let’s say you then wanted to take a quick jaunt to Europe over the July 4 holiday and stay for a couple nights in Paris from July 3-5. You could use those 50,000 points to stay at the Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan boutique property just a few blocks from the Eiffel Tower.
Rates those same nights are going for 560 EUR, or $750 – so you’d be getting a $550 discount per night! What’s more, remember that if you have one of the Club Carlson co-branded credit cards you get the last night of any award reservation of 2 nights or more for free. So if you do have one of those cards, all you’d need to spend for 2 nights is 50,000 points – costing you the same $200, but you’d be getting 2 nights for a total value of $1,500!
Granted, it’s not always easy to get such high values from Club Carlson redemptions and you could argue that some of them aren’t worth it since I personally don’t put their top-tier hotels in the same category as those of, say, Hyatt or Starwood, but the bottom line is, you could still be saving a lot of money on some great redemptions.
Don’t forget, this is also Week 2 of Amex’s Daily Getaways special vacation packages, and tomorrow, Wednesday, June 19, they will be selling packages of Club Carlson points at a discount that’s actually lower than the flash sale price.
100,000 Club Carlson Gold Points – Redeem for a 2-Night Stay, $385 ($700 value), 71 Available, Max per purchase: 2
Dates of Travel: Anytime
50,000 Club Carlson Gold Points – Redeem for a 1-Night Stay, $194 ($350 value), 142 Available, Max per purchase: 2
Dates of Travel: Anytime
No more than 2 sets of points purchased through this offer are allowed per loyalty number. A maximum of 4 sets of points is allowed per loyalty number across both Club Carlson offers.
So with this promo, you are essentially buying Club Carlson points for 0.385 cents each instead of the 0.7 cents they usually cost – and if you pay with an American Express card, you get a further 10% discount, bringing your per-cent cost to 0.3465 cents per point.
The one drawback is that these packages are pretty limited – just 71 of the 100,000-point ones and 142 of the 50,000 point ones, so you have to be quick on the draw.
Those $385 you would pay for 100,000 points will get you two nights in a top-tier Radisson Blu property like the May Fair in London where room rates this summer are going for around 359 GBP, or $560 per night.
So you could be getting a really significant discount if you can find award availability – which seems pretty open at this point. And again, if and get the last night of any award reservation of 2 nights or more for free, you could use 50,000 of those points to book a room at the May Fair for one night and then get the second award night for free. You’re paying $192.50 for those 50,000 points, but getting $1,120 in value – pretty huge savings.
Again, these packages are limited though, so you might want to consider the flash sales taking place all week if you can’t score one of these.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees