Free Lunch for Delta Medallions in NYC at New JFK T4 Pop-Up In Soho
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG Intern Ryan got an advance look at Delta’s new JFK Terminal 4 opening later this month by visiting Delta’s pop-up store in Soho yesterday. Here’s what travelers can expect when the terminal at the airport opens on the 24th.
In anticipation of its new state-of-the-art Terminal 4 opening at JFK on May 24, Delta has set up a pop up store in SoHo called T4X. The space is open to the public so they can preview the state-of-the-art features of the new terminal, before it officially opens, so if you find yourself in the area be sure to stop on by to check out what’s in store for you on your next Delta flight out of JFK.
T4X is open Tuesdays – Sundays, May 1-22, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., in SoHo, at 376 West Broadway at Broome Street and the public is welcome to check out the airline’s signature terminal enhancements including:
- The Delta Sky Priority check-in process
- The new flagship Delta Sky Club
- The Sky Deck at Delta Sky Club – this is a preview version of the outdoor terrace the airline will be opening
On the 2nd floor of T4X, there is a Delta Sky Club where guests can relax, access free WiFi and recharge their devices, as well as a mock version of the SkyDeck, which even has aircraft take-off sounds piped in, to really make you feel like you are at the airport. It’s pretty fun, and a good, whimsical spot to hang out on a sunny NYC day.
On the first floor, after the Sky Priority check-in, there is a large vending machine which has both complimentary and for-purchase items. The complimentary items include passport holders, luggage tags and water bottles, while those for purchase include Beats headphones, iPhone cases and amenity bags.
T4X is also serving a daily luch for $4 that includes a sandwich or salad and soft drink or bottled water. This week only, lunch is complimentary for Medallion members, so be sure to bring your Medallion card. The meals are meant to be inspired by the international destinations that Delta services via JFK including London, Rome, Istanbul, and Athens. Some of the dishes are even created by Chef Michelle Bernstein whose meals are offered on Delta’s international BusinessElite service.
Once you order your lunch, it will come out on a baggage claim style conveyor belt in a mini Delta suitcase. It’s a cute touch and one that created more than a little buzz with the other folks that were checking out T4X.
Visitors to T4X can also take a closer look at JFK Terminal 4 with a unique interactive digital 3-D model of the terminal. When you wave your hand over select areas of the model, information, images and video about the terminal are displayed onto the structure via video projection.
There will also be a variety of other great giveaways including Yankees tickets and Shake Shack Days as well as a trip giveaway at the closing party on May 23. There are also ticket agents who are able to help you with any of your upcoming trips such as changing seats, or checking-in for a flight.
As a recap, the new Terminal 4, which is supposed to open in May, will feature:
- Improved and renovated check-in areas, featuring more kiosks to better assist you
- A dedicated Delta Sky Priority check-in area, adjacent to security
- 12 centralized security lanes for more efficient screening
- New shops and restaurants, which will be accessible after you pass through security
- A new flagship Delta Sky Club, the largest in our system
- Nine new gates and seven renovated gates in T4’s Concourse B
- Added U.S. Customs & Border Protection inspection booths to better facilitate international travel
- Dual taxiways for less congestion and shorter taxi times
- Improved baggage claim areas with added carousels
Plenty to look forward to!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.