$10 Off Uber and $5 Off Seamless Food Orders With Amex Sync
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Sync is an ongoing promotion where you sync your American Express cards to your various social media accounts including Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter, and when you either enter Tweets with particular hashtags in them or you check in at various locations, you get discounts at participating merchants.
Though it doesn’t explicitly state it in the Terms and Conditions, it sounds like you can only link one card per social media account. On Twitter, when you use the corresponding hashtag for an offer, you should get an @ reply from Amex telling you that you’ve been enrolled and are eligible for the offer, and then when you send your hashtagged Tweet and make your eligible purchases, you will be issued a statement credit.
The Uber discount is $10 off a single ride of $30 or more taken by June 30, 2013. Click on the offer, sync your Amex card to it and use it to pay to get the $10 statement credit back. Before you logout, be sure to look at your other offers – for instance mine included some interesting ones such as getting $10 off a purchase of $75 or more at Whole Foods, 20% off at Shoes.com, and $10 back on a charge of $50 or more at Lucky Strike for your next bowling date night.
The other discount I’m excited about at the moment is for Seamless, which is an online food ordering service with tons of restaurant partners in major US cities. The terms of this promo are to get $5 off a single order of $25 or more on orders delivered by 5/30/13. Tweet using #AmexSeamlessOffer to add the offer to your synced American Express Card. This offer does not require a coupon at the point of sale – so once you’ve received a confirmation response message from our Twitter handle @AmexSync that the offer has been added, just shop with your synced Card to redeem. Once you tweet, you should get a reply from @AmexSync with a confirmation hashtag and you should be good to go. Simply use your synced card to pay and you should get a statement credit that will also be confirmed by a Tweet when the charge hits your statement.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.