Saturday Recap: 20% Mileage Bonus for Miles & More members, Delta Increasing Service at Los Angeles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a recap of the interesting points and miles news from this week:
Singapore Airlines/Virgin America Partnership Announced: Earlier this year, Singapore Airlines and Virgin America began codesharing flights, and now the two airlines have announced the full details of the partnership, which includes accrual and redemption of miles on both airlines. Take a look at Virgin America’s accrual chart for Singapore as well as Singapore’s accrual chart for travel on Virgin America. Singapore KrisFlyer members will earn 100% base miles on all Virgin America fares, whereas if you chose to credit to Virgin America your points-earning will be based on your fare. However earning Elevate points when flying Singapore Airlines isn’t as good of a value since the lowest economy classes only earn 40% mileage.
Finnair To Join American, British Airways and Iberia Partnership: Finnair, the national airline of Finland, announced earlier this week that it plans to join fellow Oneworld members American, British Airways and Iberia in a partnership to enhance their combined transatlantic offerings. In joining the partnership, Finnair will add codeshares to 90 select AA, BA and Iberia flights between the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe at some point later this year. This will add approximately 20 new North American destinations for Finnair passengers, and open the airline’s extensive Northern Europe and Baltic Rim network to its trio of partners.
Save Up To 50% On Accor Hotels Throughout Asia Pacific: Travelers planning a trip to Asia between March 27 – June 30, 2013 may want to take a look at a great new offer from Accor of 40% off stays at its 340 hotels and resorts across the Asia Pacific region. Accor Advantage Plus member can save an additional 10%, effectively cutting their hotel budget in half. Trips must be booked by March 12, 2013, so start making your plans now!
Earn 3,000 AAdvantage Miles and a 30% Budget Car Rental Discount: Travelers looking to rent a car between now and April 30, 2013 can earn up to 3,000 bonus miles on American and up to 30% off their car rental. Those renting a car for 2 days will receive 750 bonus miles, while those renting 3-4 days earn 1,500 and 5 days or more will net you 3,000 additional miles. AAdvantage members should use coupon number MUAZ062 when making their reservation, and U072422 is the Budget Worldwide Discount number to receive 30% off the auto rental.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees