This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most ski schools I am familiar with start accepting kiddos at three years old. However, can a three year old really learn to ski? I mean they can’t even effectively wipe their own bottoms, so can they really strap on skis and head down the mountain?
I wasn’t really sure of the answer when I started my own three-year-old in ski school a couple months ago when we went to Beaver Creek. I signed her up because I figured it couldn’t hurt (too much), and honestly we needed somewhere for her to go while we skied…but I don’t think I really expected her to actually ski. I think in part to show us what a real family focused resort is like, Keystone is hosting us this week, and so my little traveler is again in ski school.
Well, as is common in the role of mom, I am surprised and impressed. She has done two roughly half day sessions at Keystone this week and technically she skies! She can go, stop, and kind of turn. She isn’t quite ready for the 2014 Winter Olympics, but I call this three-year-old ski myth proven. Three year olds can ski…even if they live in Texas and can’t yet wipe their own bottoms. Who knew?!
So, if you have a kiddo around the same age, know that it is indeed possible for them to learn some basics of skiing. Of course, at that age the most important thing is that they associate snow and/or ski school with fun, but learning a few skills is absolutely a nice bonus!
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees