And The Winners Of My Club Carlson Golden Giveaway Are…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Monday I announced my Club Carlson Golden Giveaway contest where I asked readers to tell me their favorite feature of the Club Carlson Visa, besides the bonus award night benefit, for the chance to win one of two $500 Visa gift cards and Club Carlson Gold Status for a year. People submitted their entries through comments on the post, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram..
After reading through hundreds of submissions, I found that most of you value immediate Gold Status and the annual 40,000 point bonus on card renewal as the best benefits of these cards.
Some of you also mentioned other benefits of the Club Carlson Visa cards include a sign up bonus up to 85,000 Bonus Gold Points (50,000 Gold Points after your first purchase, plus 35,000 points after you spend $2,500 on your card within the first 90 days) and 10 points per dollar on eligible purchases at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide and 5 points per dollar everywhere else Visa is accepted.
In the end, I chose a reader comment at random, and a submission from Instagram that made me want to make a reservation at the Radisson Blu Palais in Vienna as soon as I saw it.
Our two winners are:
@MichaelJapan who posted on Instagram, “Hi TPG! This is Radisson Blu Palais in Vienna, Austria where I will stay in August. As for my fave feature: nothing beats the 40k card renewal bonus. Most of my stays are one night only so this is much better than Bonus Award Night. #TPGCarlsonGiveaway”
Winner #2 is another Michael, who submitted this comment: “Gold Status, which means room upgrade and In-Room Welcome gift, early/late check out, 50 % bonus points, online booking 2,000 points bonus. AND if I win Concierge status!!”
Michael #2 must have read my post on Maximizing Club Carlson Elite Status carefully! It sounds as if he is already a Gold member of Club Carlson, which means he’ll actually get a year of Concierge status through this contest. Hopefully Michael from Instagram will too, since you can get Gold status just by having one of these credit cards, so you might as well get one and put this prize towards Concierge status, Carlson’s top tier.
Congratulations to both our winners. We’ll be contacting you to get your details soon so you can claim your prizes.
Thank you again to all who entered, and stay tuned for more great contests where you’ll have the chance to win free prizes, points and more!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.