And The Winners Of My Club Carlson Golden Giveaway Are…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Monday I announced my Club Carlson Golden Giveaway contest where I asked readers to tell me their favorite feature of the Club Carlson Visa, besides the bonus award night benefit, for the chance to win one of two $500 Visa gift cards and Club Carlson Gold Status for a year. People submitted their entries through comments on the post, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram..
After reading through hundreds of submissions, I found that most of you value immediate Gold Status and the annual 40,000 point bonus on card renewal as the best benefits of these cards.
Some of you also mentioned other benefits of the Club Carlson Visa cards include a sign up bonus up to 85,000 Bonus Gold Points (50,000 Gold Points after your first purchase, plus 35,000 points after you spend $2,500 on your card within the first 90 days) and 10 points per dollar on eligible purchases at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide and 5 points per dollar everywhere else Visa is accepted.
In the end, I chose a reader comment at random, and a submission from Instagram that made me want to make a reservation at the Radisson Blu Palais in Vienna as soon as I saw it.
Our two winners are:
@MichaelJapan who posted on Instagram, “Hi TPG! This is Radisson Blu Palais in Vienna, Austria where I will stay in August. As for my fave feature: nothing beats the 40k card renewal bonus. Most of my stays are one night only so this is much better than Bonus Award Night. #TPGCarlsonGiveaway”
Winner #2 is another Michael, who submitted this comment: “Gold Status, which means room upgrade and In-Room Welcome gift, early/late check out, 50 % bonus points, online booking 2,000 points bonus. AND if I win Concierge status!!”
Michael #2 must have read my post on Maximizing Club Carlson Elite Status carefully! It sounds as if he is already a Gold member of Club Carlson, which means he’ll actually get a year of Concierge status through this contest. Hopefully Michael from Instagram will too, since you can get Gold status just by having one of these credit cards, so you might as well get one and put this prize towards Concierge status, Carlson’s top tier.
Congratulations to both our winners. We’ll be contacting you to get your details soon so you can claim your prizes.
Thank you again to all who entered, and stay tuned for more great contests where you’ll have the chance to win free prizes, points and more!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees