Amazing Deal Alert: Limited Time 75,000 Points For Amex Business Gold Rewards Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amex periodically runs 75,000-point limited time offers for the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN, including one that just went live this morning and will last until Friday, March 8.
The terms of this one are the same as past offers where, in order to get the 75,000-point bonus, you must charge $10,000 of eligible purchases on the card in the first 4 months of cardmembership and the $175 annual fee is waived the first year.
Per the terms and conditions, “to be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID A3TZ prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than March 8th, 2013,” so in case the landing page with the explicitly stated bonus goes away before March 8, make sure you use it somewhere on your application in order to get all 75,000 points.
Application link and Card Details:
This card is the business version of the popular Premier Rewards Gold card and offer a similar 3/2/1 spend bonus structure. On this card you earn 3x points on airfare, 2x points on purchases in the U.S. for advertising in select media, gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and shipping and 1x points on other purchases. Update: Now you will also earn 2x on purchases made with from select computer hardware, software and cloud computing providers.
75,000 Membership Rewards can be worth a tremendous amount of value thanks to the program’s 21 airline and hotel transfer partners which include:
Star Alliance: Air Canada Aeroplan, Singapore, All Nippon Airlines
Oneworld: British Airways, Iberia, Cathay Pacific
Skyteam: Delta, Air France/KLM Flying Blue, Alitalia, Aeromexico
Other: Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, El Al, Frontier, JetBlue, Hawaiian Airlines
Hilton 1: 1.3
Best Western 1:1
To read about great ways to maximize Membership Rewards points and why I find them so useful, check out my Top 10 post on reasons I like Membership Rewards cards.
Spending and Qualification
The $10,000 spending requirement might seem a bit high, but if you have a business, you can rack that up in no time usually. Amex sometimes offers 50,000 points on this card with a lower spending threshold, but the current public offer (and the only previously available to me in the affiliate network) is a measly 0 points, so I’d say 75,000 is pretty good! While $10,000 spend in 4 months is a little steep, if you can swing leveraging Bluebird or other prepaid cards to generate spend, it may not be as hard as you think.Before you take advantage of this offer, though, the terms state that the “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card account within the last 12 months.” So if you’ve opened another Amex OPEN business charge card (NOT a personal card) in the last 12 months, you can’t apply for this one.
However, you should still be able to qualify for this offer if you just have Amex’s personal cards like the Platinum or the Premier Rewards Gold, or Amex’s other business cards like the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express or the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express.
Remember, even if you don’t have a major business you can still qualify for business cards like this one though American Express OPEN cards are exclusively for business owners. Most issuers will let you get a business credit card by applying with your own social security number if your business is a sole proprietorship (a business run by one person).
As always, if you recently applied for this card and got a lower (if any) welcome bonus, you can call Amex’s account services department at 877-399-3083 and ask them if they will match the current 75,000-point offer. They’ve gotten a lot stricter about this lately, but it never hurts to ask!
I personally like doing app-o-ramas on days when limited-time offers are available, so if you’ve been planning one, you may want to do one before this offer expires.
In my opinion, the other top rewards credit card deals on the market are below- you can always check the Top Deals page for more info:
1. Chase: Ink Bold / Ink Plus (50,000 points after $5,000 in 3 months) & British Airways Visa Signature Card (50,000 after $3,000 in first 3 months).
2. Unverified offers as seen on FlyerTalk: Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa or Citi Select AAdvantage American Express for 50,000 miles each (after $3,000 spending in 4 months), or if you need hotel nights the Citi Hilton Reserve with two free nights anywhere after $2,500 spend within 4 months.
3. Amex Premier Rewards Gold: You may be targeted via Creditcards.com’ Card Match tool for an offer of 50,000 points after $1,000 spent within 3 months, with the $175 annual fee waived the first year. Read more here. The current public offer is 25,000 points after $2,000 spent within the first 3 months.
Just make sure you don’t bite off more than you can chew and you can meet the minimum spend requirements for all of the cards you apply for!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.