Amazing Deal Alert: Limited Time 75,000 Points For Amex Business Gold Rewards Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amex periodically runs 75,000-point limited time offers for the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN, including one that just went live this morning and will last until Friday, March 8.
The terms of this one are the same as past offers where, in order to get the 75,000-point bonus, you must charge $10,000 of eligible purchases on the card in the first 4 months of cardmembership and the $175 annual fee is waived the first year.
Per the terms and conditions, “to be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID A3TZ prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than March 8th, 2013,” so in case the landing page with the explicitly stated bonus goes away before March 8, make sure you use it somewhere on your application in order to get all 75,000 points.
Application link and Card Details:
This card is the business version of the popular Premier Rewards Gold card and offer a similar 3/2/1 spend bonus structure. On this card you earn 3x points on airfare, 2x points on purchases in the U.S. for advertising in select media, gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and shipping and 1x points on other purchases. Update: Now you will also earn 2x on purchases made with from select computer hardware, software and cloud computing providers.
75,000 Membership Rewards can be worth a tremendous amount of value thanks to the program’s 21 airline and hotel transfer partners which include:
Star Alliance: Air Canada Aeroplan, Singapore, All Nippon Airlines
Oneworld: British Airways, Iberia, Cathay Pacific
Skyteam: Delta, Air France/KLM Flying Blue, Alitalia, Aeromexico
Other: Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, El Al, Frontier, JetBlue, Hawaiian Airlines
Hilton 1: 1.3
Best Western 1:1
To read about great ways to maximize Membership Rewards points and why I find them so useful, check out my Top 10 post on reasons I like Membership Rewards cards.
Spending and Qualification
The $10,000 spending requirement might seem a bit high, but if you have a business, you can rack that up in no time usually. Amex sometimes offers 50,000 points on this card with a lower spending threshold, but the current public offer (and the only previously available to me in the affiliate network) is a measly 0 points, so I’d say 75,000 is pretty good! While $10,000 spend in 4 months is a little steep, if you can swing leveraging Bluebird or other prepaid cards to generate spend, it may not be as hard as you think.Before you take advantage of this offer, though, the terms state that the “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card account within the last 12 months.” So if you’ve opened another Amex OPEN business charge card (NOT a personal card) in the last 12 months, you can’t apply for this one.
However, you should still be able to qualify for this offer if you just have Amex’s personal cards like the Platinum or the Premier Rewards Gold, or Amex’s other business cards like the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express or the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express.
Remember, even if you don’t have a major business you can still qualify for business cards like this one though American Express OPEN cards are exclusively for business owners. Most issuers will let you get a business credit card by applying with your own social security number if your business is a sole proprietorship (a business run by one person).
As always, if you recently applied for this card and got a lower (if any) welcome bonus, you can call Amex’s account services department at 877-399-3083 and ask them if they will match the current 75,000-point offer. They’ve gotten a lot stricter about this lately, but it never hurts to ask!
I personally like doing app-o-ramas on days when limited-time offers are available, so if you’ve been planning one, you may want to do one before this offer expires.
In my opinion, the other top rewards credit card deals on the market are below- you can always check the Top Deals page for more info:
1. Chase: Ink Bold / Ink Plus (50,000 points after $5,000 in 3 months) & British Airways Visa Signature Card (50,000 after $3,000 in first 3 months).
2. Unverified offers as seen on FlyerTalk: Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa or Citi Select AAdvantage American Express for 50,000 miles each (after $3,000 spending in 4 months), or if you need hotel nights the Citi Hilton Reserve with two free nights anywhere after $2,500 spend within 4 months.
3. Amex Premier Rewards Gold: You may be targeted via Creditcards.com’ Card Match tool for an offer of 50,000 points after $1,000 spent within 3 months, with the $175 annual fee waived the first year. Read more here. The current public offer is 25,000 points after $2,000 spent within the first 3 months.
Just make sure you don’t bite off more than you can chew and you can meet the minimum spend requirements for all of the cards you apply for!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees