Last Minute Reminder: Use Your Upgrades and Free Nights Before They Expire!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many upgrade instruments expire tomorrow, so it is best to use them today before you lose them. I have a couple Hyatt suite upgrades to burn that I will use on future bookings (and hope I don’t have to cancel them). I also realized that my two free nights in a suite for getting the Chase Hyatt Visa expire at the end of March 2013- much sooner than I realized so I am all of the sudden scrambling to put together a solid redemption. To check your upgrades/ awards with Hyatt, login to goldpassport.com -> My Awards
I used all of my American Executive Platinum E-VIP Systemwide upgrades, but if you have any expiring, you might as well sponsor someone flying today. I’ve seen friends on Facebook offering to give away their upgrades, which I love to see because we all need a little travel karma. If you are looking for someone to gift an upgrade, check out the comments on my Expiring Elite Upgrade exchange from January. Help a fellow TPG reader out! While most upgrades need to be used by tomorrow, sometimes airlines and hotels will let you use them on a reservation in the future. It never hurts to ask.
Does anyone have any recent experiences extending the validity of an upgrade or being able to use it on a future flight/reservation? How do you keep track of all of your different upgrades/perks/free nights?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.