Last Minute Reminder: Use Your Upgrades and Free Nights Before They Expire!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many upgrade instruments expire tomorrow, so it is best to use them today before you lose them. I have a couple Hyatt suite upgrades to burn that I will use on future bookings (and hope I don’t have to cancel them). I also realized that my two free nights in a suite for getting the Chase Hyatt Visa expire at the end of March 2013- much sooner than I realized so I am all of the sudden scrambling to put together a solid redemption. To check your upgrades/ awards with Hyatt, login to goldpassport.com -> My Awards
I used all of my American Executive Platinum E-VIP Systemwide upgrades, but if you have any expiring, you might as well sponsor someone flying today. I’ve seen friends on Facebook offering to give away their upgrades, which I love to see because we all need a little travel karma. If you are looking for someone to gift an upgrade, check out the comments on my Expiring Elite Upgrade exchange from January. Help a fellow TPG reader out! While most upgrades need to be used by tomorrow, sometimes airlines and hotels will let you use them on a reservation in the future. It never hurts to ask.
Does anyone have any recent experiences extending the validity of an upgrade or being able to use it on a future flight/reservation? How do you keep track of all of your different upgrades/perks/free nights?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees