Highest Starwood Canada Amex Signup Bonus Ever: 21,000 Starpoints For Charging $1,000 in First 3 Months
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Although the sign-up bonus for the Canadian Starwood Amex is usually just a paltry 5,000-10,000 points, last October, the signup bonus for the card hit 15,000 points. Now, however, the Canadian Starwood Preferred Guest credit card from American Express is sweetening the deal with its highest-ever sign-up bonus of 21,000 Starpoints when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months when you apply now through April 11, 2013.
Other details of the card:
-You will earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 in purchases charged to the card.
-Receive a Free Weekend Night Award at hotels and resorts worldwide when you reach $40,000 in purchases on the card each year.
-Reach $30,000 in purchases each year and enjoy an automatic upgrade to Starwood Gold Preferred Guest membership.
-Cardmembers can also earn 10,000 Starpoints by referring a friend.
-This card has a $120 annual fee.
-The annual interest rate on purchases is 19.99% and 21.99% on funds advances. The offer ends April 11, 2013.
The Canadian Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card from Amex is also offering 15,000 bonus Starpoints for spending $1,000 within the first 3 months of membership. This card also lets you earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 in purchases charged to the card, and receive a Free Weekend Night Award at hotels and resorts worldwide when you reach $40,000 in purchases on the card each year. The annual fee for this card is $150, which may be a tax-deductible expense (if used solely for business as per your tax professional) and the annual interest rate is 19.99%. This offer also ends April 11, 2013.
While still not as high as the current offers of the American versions of the personal and business Starwood Amex cards, in terms of the sign-up offers on the Canadian versions of these cards, which tend not to be as lucrative as American travel credit cards in general, this is as high as we’ve ever seen, so if you’ve been considering one or either of these cards, apply before these offers go away on April 11.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.