This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
My husband and I are very close to heading off for London and Dublin for a little while (a few days in each city), and would love any recommendations of “can’t miss” things to do, see, eat, etc. that you might have! We are planning to be pretty low-key on this trip and not try to wear ourselves out doing everything there is to do, but I know many of you have tons of experience in these cities so I’d love to hear about it. In fact, I just re-read some of the London suggestions from the comments in this post last year and have some of them on our list for this go ’round.
Our kiddo will be staying safely in the US while we are away, so this is an “adults only” trip. We both were in London during the Olympics last year, and I had been to London before that, but this is the first time to Dublin (or Ireland for that matter) for both of us. We have a few things planned, and a few reservations already made, but are still looking to add to the list.
So, if you have some suggestions to share, I’d love to hear them! Hopefully some of these ideas can help others who might be planning similar trips as well. Thanks in advance, and can’t wait to share the details about how our trip that was made possible by miles and points!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees