This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines has launched a codeshare partnership with Virgin America so now you can connect to your Singapore Airlines flight from Chicago, Washington D.C, Philadelphia, Dallas and several other cities served by Virgin America.
To celebrate the launch of their codeshare relationship with Virgin America, the airlines have also announced a bonus miles/points promotion. Fly on any Singapore Airlines codeshare flight(s) operated by Virgin America between now and February 28, 2013, and they will award you KrisFlyer miles for the domestic leg, as well as Virgin America Elevate points for that sector as well – essentially doubling your miles. Register for this promotion here.
Even if you just have miles with one or the other airline now, this is a good opportunity to open an account with the other program since you’re not losing out on points/miles either way.
While this is limited to a relatively small population of people, I still think it is cool that they are offering a double dip into two frequent flyer programs- something that rarely happens unless there’s a glitch!
Terms & Conditions
1. Promotion is valid for passengers traveling on a Singapore Airlines codeshare flight, operated by Virgin America, between January 1, 2013 and February 28, 2013.
2. Offer is valid for US residents only.
3. Passenger must be a member of Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Virgin America Elevate programs to qualify for the bonus promotion. Valid KrisFlyer and Elevate numbers must be submitted at the time you file your bonus mile/point claim.
4. In addition to the miles you’ll receive for your Singapore Airlines operated flights, Singapore Airlines will credit bonus KrisFlyer miles equal to the distance flown on your domestic sector. KrisFlyer miles will be credited to your account after you have flown. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your miles to be credited to your KrisFlyer account. All KrisFlyer terms & conditions apply.
5. Virgin America will credit you a set number of Elevate points based upon the codeshare sector you are flying. Bonus points will credit after you have flown. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your points to be credited to your Elevate account. All Elevate program terms & conditions apply. Please see below for the tiered bonus structure based on cabin class flown. Point values indicated are for each segment:
|Tier||Main Cabin||Main Cabin Select||First Class||City Pairs|
|A||500 points||1,000 points||1,500 points||San Francisco to/from Los Angeles, San Diego,
Las Vegas, Palm Springs and Seattle
|B||750 points||1,500 points||2,500 points||Los Angeles to/from Portland, Seattle|
|C||1,000 points||2,500 points||4,000 points||Los Angeles/San Francisco to/from Fort Lauderdale,
Chicago, Washington DC, Philadelphia
6. All bonus mileage/point claims must be received at this link by March 15, 2013. No claims will be accepted after this date.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees