My Experience Getting Free United Club Passes at the Chase VIP Lounge in Houston
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today I headed to the Houston Galleria with my parents and Little C to do some shopping/browsing, ice skate, and get some United Club passes that were being given away at the Chase VIP Lounge at the Galleria. I have written about this temporary lounge here, but had yet to visit myself. To access the lounge you need to have any of the Chase United credit cards.
The Chase VIP Lounge is open from November 23–December 24, 2012 for Chase Continental and United cardholders and their guests. It is kind of similar to an airline lounge and includes amenities like snacks, complimentary gift wrapping, flat screen TVs, WIFI, and a quiet(er) place to sit for a few minutes and escape the insanity of the mall during peak shopping days!
We were there on a Tuesday so that we could bring some toys for donation to Toys for Tots that would not only benefit kids, but we would also each pick-up two United Club passes that are valid through the end of 2013. Between the three adults (darn Little C for not having a United card!) we got six Club passes, so that is a pretty good haul for just donating some new toys that we would have probably done anyway.
After we got our club passes, we grabbed a table and got a few snacks. Some of the cookies were a little hard, but some of them were hot, fresh, and dangerously delicious. There was also fruit, pretzels, chips, juice, coffee, water, and sodas available.
The lounge itself is was functional, had very large TVs, but was not necessarily somewhere that I would want to hang out for hours just for fun. However, it is a nice place to be able to sit for a few minutes, grab a snack, and watch a little TV.
They also offer complimentary wrapping for your holiday shopping treasures. While we were there it was a two hour wait to get your presents wrapped, so plan accordingly. I think there was also a limit on the number of presents you could have wrapped. We did not use this service, but it did seem they did a pretty good job on the presents that we saw wrapped.
Overall we were thrilled to get some United Club passes, and loved the idea of a place for United cardholders to hang out in the middle of crazy holiday shopping. Sadly the free club passes were only available on Tuesdays, so it is too late to get those this season, but the lounges themselves are still open until Christmas at the following locations:
The Mall at Short Hills: 1200 Morris Tpke, Short Hills, NJ 07078
The Houston Galleria: 5085 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77056
Westfield San Francisco Centre: 865 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103
I’d love to hear your thoughts on having lounges like this as a credit card perk, and your experience if you have visited one!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.