Delta SkyClub Passes 4 for $99
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
From now through December 31, 2012, Delta is selling packets of 4 SkyClub passes for $99. SkyClub passes normally cost $50 each, so this is just under half price and works out to $24.50 each.
If you don’t have a credit card that offers you access to Delta lounges such as the Amex Platinum or Delta Reserve cards, but were thinking about getting one of them or joining Delta SkyClub, this could be a good way to test the waters out first before committing to annual membership fees ranging from between $300-450 and a $50 initiation fee depending on your elite level. This would also count toward your $200 airline rebate with the Amex Platinum card if you are still looking for ways to spend that before December 31.
To get the passes at the special rate, you need to go to an actual SkyClub at an airport, mention the promotional rate and buy them there – they’re not available online for the discounted rate.
This could be a great holiday stocking stuffer for the frequent flyer in your life. While I personally don’t spend too much time in airline lounges since I typically get to the airport shortly before my flight and go right through security to the plane, I do think having access to a lounge can add value to your airport experience since you get out of the terminal chaos, there are often a bunch of free snacks, beverages and even free house/well drinks, free WiFi to get some last-minute work done and great, empowered agents who can help you make changes to your itinerary or deal with flight changes.
In a post last May, I talked about how much airline lounge access is really worth, and determined based on all the perks and amenities that I’d probably pay up to about $25 for a lounge visit. I put the same question to TPG readers in a poll and 880 responded. Of them, 19% said $25, 27% said $20 and another 27% said $15. So the $15-20 range seems to be the average.
Maybe this promotional rate can tempt them – and at the very least if you know someone who’s going to be flying Delta over the holidays and might like somewhere to hang out before or between flights, this could be a thoughtful gift.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees