Cheap Flights to Moscow: From $357 TOTAL Roundtrip from Baltimore, NY from $452
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta and their SkyTeam partners are running some incredible fares to Russia. There are plenty of dates Baltimore to Moscow (via JFK) on Delta for $357.84 total roundtrip, including all taxes and fees! The trip nets 10,322 Medallion Qualifying Miles, or just about 3.5 cents a piece, which is definitely mileage run worthy. However, Russia does charge $170 in visa fees (you can pay companies like Allied Passport, who I’ve used in the past to save me time and frustration around $45 to do the dirty work for you). Russia is also pretty expensive, but it could be a great way to burn some hotel points. I still have two free suite nights burning a hole in my pocket from my Hyatt Visa sign-up and I’m thinking the Park Hyatt Moscow would be a great redemption since rates are astronomical.
To search low fares, I recommend using the ITA Matrix “calendar of lowest fares” which will “sniff” out the lowest fares and show them to you on a calendar. You can enter how many days you want to stay and it’ll show pricing. Then go to any online ticketing agency or airline website to purchase them.
Delta.com is showing these fares and they will let you cancel free of charge up to midnight the day after you purchase the ticket, so if this looks interesting to you, I’d recommend purchasing now and finalizing your plans before they go away.
These fares are available on SkyTeam partners Alitalia and KLM as well, so if you play around with the dates you may be able to build in overnight layovers in Paris/Amsterdam/Rome. Even though I’m not a huge fan of long-haul coach flights, Delta operates their newish 767-400 aircraft on these routes with a lot of Economy Comfort seats, which are free for Platinum and Diamond Medallions (and discounted for Silver/Gold). KLM will also place Delta elites in their Economy Comfort section, which I flew last year and really enjoyed – nicer seats and a quieter cabin. I much prefer it over Delta’s Economy Comfort which are the same seats as coach, but just have a little more legroom and recline. Unfortunately these fares are not upgradeable, but I did see roundtrip business class fares for $3,000 total roundtrip, which is somewhat of a bargain on this route (and Delta has lie-flat beds on their 767-400).
Play around with fares and let me know if you book. Would love to have a TPG reader get together in Moscow.. maybe over Easter?
Hat tip Oeste for posting this on Flyertalk!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.