Cheap Flights to Moscow: From $357 TOTAL Roundtrip from Baltimore, NY from $452
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta and their SkyTeam partners are running some incredible fares to Russia. There are plenty of dates Baltimore to Moscow (via JFK) on Delta for $357.84 total roundtrip, including all taxes and fees! The trip nets 10,322 Medallion Qualifying Miles, or just about 3.5 cents a piece, which is definitely mileage run worthy. However, Russia does charge $170 in visa fees (you can pay companies like Allied Passport, who I’ve used in the past to save me time and frustration around $45 to do the dirty work for you). Russia is also pretty expensive, but it could be a great way to burn some hotel points. I still have two free suite nights burning a hole in my pocket from my Hyatt Visa sign-up and I’m thinking the Park Hyatt Moscow would be a great redemption since rates are astronomical.
To search low fares, I recommend using the ITA Matrix “calendar of lowest fares” which will “sniff” out the lowest fares and show them to you on a calendar. You can enter how many days you want to stay and it’ll show pricing. Then go to any online ticketing agency or airline website to purchase them.
Delta.com is showing these fares and they will let you cancel free of charge up to midnight the day after you purchase the ticket, so if this looks interesting to you, I’d recommend purchasing now and finalizing your plans before they go away.
These fares are available on SkyTeam partners Alitalia and KLM as well, so if you play around with the dates you may be able to build in overnight layovers in Paris/Amsterdam/Rome. Even though I’m not a huge fan of long-haul coach flights, Delta operates their newish 767-400 aircraft on these routes with a lot of Economy Comfort seats, which are free for Platinum and Diamond Medallions (and discounted for Silver/Gold). KLM will also place Delta elites in their Economy Comfort section, which I flew last year and really enjoyed – nicer seats and a quieter cabin. I much prefer it over Delta’s Economy Comfort which are the same seats as coach, but just have a little more legroom and recline. Unfortunately these fares are not upgradeable, but I did see roundtrip business class fares for $3,000 total roundtrip, which is somewhat of a bargain on this route (and Delta has lie-flat beds on their 767-400).
Play around with fares and let me know if you book. Would love to have a TPG reader get together in Moscow.. maybe over Easter?
Hat tip Oeste for posting this on Flyertalk!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees