And the Winners of the “Rad Giveaway” Free Radisson Nights Are…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This post was scheduled to run today prior to getting news of the terrible school shooting in Connecticut today, but everyone on The Points Guy team is thinking of the victims and their loved ones affected by the tragedy.
Thanks to all who entered my “Rad Giveaway” this week where I offered the chance for four TPG readers to win a free night each at any North American Radisson or Radisson Blu.
Readers could enter four different ways by telling me something they liked about Club Carlson – whether it’s a specific redemption, an aspect of the overall program, something about their new line of credit cards, or any lesser known benefits that people might not be aware of that you really like:
1. Leaving a comment on the post.
2. Twitter: By following me on Twitter and sending me a Tweet with their entry and use hashtag #RadFreeNightTPG.
3. Facebook: Like my Facebook page and leave a comment on the wall.
4. Instagram: By following me on Instagram and sharing their own with insight on the program with me.
I got nearly 600 comments and hundreds of entries by the other three methods, so without further ado, here are the winners chosen at random…
Post Comment: TPG reader Boaz reminded us of a valuable Club Carlson promotion called Weekend Extended where you pay for two nights and get an additional two for free at certain locations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa: “I really really like the weekend-extend in europe! Used it a few times now and saved me alot of money….”
Twitter: @hehehe2 said: “@thepointsguy Transfer/combine Club Carlson pts to another person no fee, call 888-288-8889. All u need is acct# & name #RadFreeNightTPG” – great, succinct way to remind people about one of Club Carlson’s valuable benefits, the ability to transfer and combine points from accounts without paying any fees. It makes redeeming those Gold points a whole lot easier when you can consolidate them.
Facebook: TPG reader Narayana, who said: “I like it that the Club Carlson has a great points and cash offering.” It’s a good reminder that Starwood isn’t the only chain who offers a good-value cash & points option, but that you can also stretch your Carlson Gold points further by paying a cash copay.
Instagram: jasw102 – “Love Club Carlson’s Radisson Blu Hotels and would use my free night to stay at the one in Chicago @thepointsguy #RadFreeNightTPG”
As you can see, a lot of people had a lot of interesting things to say about Club Carlson and great suggestions of hotels where they’d use their free night. I want to thank everyone who participated. Team TPG will be in touch with the winners about claiming their prizes. In the meantime, stay tuned for more great giveaways!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees