And the Winners of the “Rad Giveaway” Free Radisson Nights Are…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This post was scheduled to run today prior to getting news of the terrible school shooting in Connecticut today, but everyone on The Points Guy team is thinking of the victims and their loved ones affected by the tragedy.
Thanks to all who entered my “Rad Giveaway” this week where I offered the chance for four TPG readers to win a free night each at any North American Radisson or Radisson Blu.
Readers could enter four different ways by telling me something they liked about Club Carlson – whether it’s a specific redemption, an aspect of the overall program, something about their new line of credit cards, or any lesser known benefits that people might not be aware of that you really like:
1. Leaving a comment on the post.
2. Twitter: By following me on Twitter and sending me a Tweet with their entry and use hashtag #RadFreeNightTPG.
3. Facebook: Like my Facebook page and leave a comment on the wall.
4. Instagram: By following me on Instagram and sharing their own with insight on the program with me.
I got nearly 600 comments and hundreds of entries by the other three methods, so without further ado, here are the winners chosen at random…
Post Comment: TPG reader Boaz reminded us of a valuable Club Carlson promotion called Weekend Extended where you pay for two nights and get an additional two for free at certain locations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa: “I really really like the weekend-extend in europe! Used it a few times now and saved me alot of money….”
Twitter: @hehehe2 said: “@thepointsguy Transfer/combine Club Carlson pts to another person no fee, call 888-288-8889. All u need is acct# & name #RadFreeNightTPG” – great, succinct way to remind people about one of Club Carlson’s valuable benefits, the ability to transfer and combine points from accounts without paying any fees. It makes redeeming those Gold points a whole lot easier when you can consolidate them.
Facebook: TPG reader Narayana, who said: “I like it that the Club Carlson has a great points and cash offering.” It’s a good reminder that Starwood isn’t the only chain who offers a good-value cash & points option, but that you can also stretch your Carlson Gold points further by paying a cash copay.
Instagram: jasw102 – “Love Club Carlson’s Radisson Blu Hotels and would use my free night to stay at the one in Chicago @thepointsguy #RadFreeNightTPG”
As you can see, a lot of people had a lot of interesting things to say about Club Carlson and great suggestions of hotels where they’d use their free night. I want to thank everyone who participated. Team TPG will be in touch with the winners about claiming their prizes. In the meantime, stay tuned for more great giveaways!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.