40,000 Point Citi Thank You Preferred Bonus Ends Tomorrow
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
For those of you who might have been interested in getting the Citi ThankYou Preferred card after my post on Monday ranking the top Citi travel credit cards, you have until the end of the day tomorrow, Friday, December 14, 2012, to apply before the current offer of 40,000 bonus points goes away.
Here are the details of the current offer:
- Bonus: 40,000 Citi ThankYou points: 20,000 points after you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 6 months and an additional 20,000 points when you spend $3,000 within the next 6 months – redeemable for $400 in gift cards.
- 1 point on every dollar you spend
- Anniversary bonus ranging from 1-3% of all the points you earned during the year.
- Redemption Options: Redeem points for travel and gift cards at 1 cent each, or 1.33 cents each towards airfare if you have the Citi Premier card (they cannot be transferred to any airline or hotel loyalty programs); sliding anniversary points bonus ranging from 1-3%.
- No annual fee.
Those 40,000 ThankYou points can be redeemed for $400 in travel and gift cards, but remember, if you also have the Citi Premier card, you can actually redeem them for travel at a rate of 1.33 cents – so you’re getting $532 in value. If you don’t have either card, you can apply for both in the same day and get the 25,000 bonus points on the ThankYou Premier at the same time (though if you can wait, the bonus on the Premier has gone up to 50,000 points in the past and you might want to hold off until it’s up in that range again).
While 40,000 points isn’t a world-changing bonus, it is still one of the highest offers we’ve seen on this card, whose bonus is usually around the neighborhood of 25,000 points. Plus remember, when you book travel through Citi ThankYou, it’s just like paying for airline tickets with cash, so you still earn airline miles and elite status on the flights you book. So if you’ve been thinking about this card, might as well get it while the bonus is still up at 40,000 points to pocket between $400-$532 in value and use those points towards your 2013 elite qualification.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees