Double US Airways Miles Using Mastercard
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through December 31, 2012, US Airways is offering double miles on flights booked using a Mastercard, and double elite-qualifying Preferred miles on flights paid for with a US Airways Dividend Miles Mastercard with the promo code MCDM. You must register and book by October 31, and travel by December 31.
Unfortunately, this offer does not apply retroactively to any flights you might have booked before September 17, even if you used a Mastercard or a US Airways Dividend Miles Mastercard to book it at the time.
If you’re a US Airways flyer (or have a lot of travel coming up until the end of the year that you can put on US Airways), this could be a great incentive to get the US Airways Mastercard, as well as a good way to rack up Preferred-qualifying miles as quickly as possible.
The current offer on the US Airways Mastercard is 40,000 bonus miles with first use, 10,000 miles after the first anniversary of the account opening, and 10,000 more bonus miles on each subsequent account anniversary, plus up to 10,000 bonus miles on balance transfers within the first 90 days of account opening (you earn 1 mile per dollar transferred up to 10,000). Cardholders earn double miles on US Airways purchases and one mile per dollar spent on everything else. Other perks include up to two $99 companion tickets annually, priority check-in and boarding, one free US Airways Club day pass annually and a discount on annual US Airways Club membership. The annual fee of $89 is waived for the first year.
Remember a few weeks ago when I wrote about maximizing the US Airways Miles Multiplier? In that instance, I bought a refundable ticket from San Francisco to Tel Aviv via Philadelphia in order to score nearly 50,000 miles for just $599. While it looks like you actually have to take the flights you book to score this promo’s bonus, if you do intend to fly US Airways, and you calculate the value of the miles you could “Multiply” on your itinerary, you could end up with both double Preferred-qualifying miles if you use a US Airways Mastercard and a grand total of quadruple bonus miles if you choose to use the Mutliplier. That’s definitely something to keep in mind for your fall travel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees