Amazing Deal Alert: 75,000 Points for Amex Business Gold Rewards Card – Expired
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Offer expired on September 12, 2012:
Amex periodically runs 75,000 “one day only” offers for the Business Gold Rewards card and today, September 12, 2012 looks like one of them!
Limited-Time Offer: Get 75,000 bonus points when you spend $10,000 in your first 4 months of Card membership. $175 annual fee waived for the first year. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months.
If you can swing the $10,000 spend requirement, this is a better deal than the recently increased 50,000 points after $5,000 spent within 3 months that is American Express’ best current public offer. If you recently applied for the 50,000 point offer, you can ask Amex to match you to the 75,000 point offer, though within the last year they’ve really clamped down on people switching to offers other than the ones they applied for. Though with all things, it never hurts to ask.
This card is the business version of the popular Premier Rewards Gold card and offer a similar 3/2/1 spend bonus structure. You earn 3x points on airfare, 2x points on purchases in the U.S. for advertising in select media, gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and shipping and 1x points on other purchases. Update: Now you will also earn 2x on purchases made with from select computer hardware, software and cloud computing providers. Restrictions: Points are earned only on eligible purchases. Bonus points limitations apply. The $175 annual fee is waived the first year. Note: The card does have 2.7% in foreign transaction fees so I do not recommend using it for travel outside the US or spend with foreign vendors.
This card card also gives you access to American Express’ Open Savings program, which automatically gives you discounts when you use your card at certain vendors: for example 3% at Hyatt, 5% at Courtyard by Marriott, 10% at Hertz, 5% at Office Max and 5% at Fedex.
You don’t need to have a big corporation to get approved for this card- you can apply with your Social Security Number as a sole proprietorship and likely get approved if you have good credit and either have a small business or plan to start one. Check out this post for more info on applying for business cards.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards