Reminder: Last Day To Enter To Win 60,000 Starwood Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
This is just a reminder both for all you who are getting in on the Starwood Preferred Guest Personal and Business credit cards 30,000-point sign-up bonuses as well as those of you who just want some extra points, that I am giving away two sets of 30,000 Starwood points each to two lucky readers who enter by leaving a comment on the main contest page by midnight Eastern Time tonight.
-I’ll give 30,000 points away to a reader who finds the best Cash & Points (my favorite type) redemption value using a maximum 30,000 points. You need to tell me the property, the dates, and the rates you find on spg.com (they can’t be through a corporate rate or aggregator, but need to be rates published by Starwood) and Cash & Points needs to be available.
-I’ll give the second 30,000 points away to the reader who finds the best value out of those 30,000 points for free-night redemptions. No Cash & Points, this has to be a straight-up free night redemption. For example, you could do either three nights at an expensive category 4 hotel (10,000 a night) or a single night at a Category 7 (30,000 a night). I want to see the best bang for the point!
You can only win once, so there will be two individual winners, one for each category. One final disclosure: the 30,000 points have an ARV of $600, so winners will be required to complete W9 forms and pay taxes on them. Winners must already be a member of Starwood Preferred Guest, so if you’re not yet, sign up here.
A few other bloggers are also giving away thousands of bonus points as well, so be sure to enter on their pages as well:
1. Johnnyjet.com: 50,000 points to the person who comes up with the best caption for a picture.
2. Gogreentravelgreen.com: 30,000 point prize to one person.
3. Vagabondish.com: 50,000 point prize to one person.
4. Thevacationgals.com: 50,000 point prize to one person.
5. View from the Wing is giving away two sets of 30,000 points.
6. One Mile at a Time is giving away one set of 50,000 points.
Good luck with the contests, but remember, you don’t even have to enter any of them to earn a potential 60,000 Starpoints just by applying for both the Personal and Business Starwood American Express cards before September 4, 2012, when this promo ends. So you might as well start thinking about how you’d use all those Starpoints and enter my contest to win even more. Good luck!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees