Reminder: Last Day To Enter To Win 60,000 Starwood Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
This is just a reminder both for all you who are getting in on the Starwood Preferred Guest Personal and Business credit cards 30,000-point sign-up bonuses as well as those of you who just want some extra points, that I am giving away two sets of 30,000 Starwood points each to two lucky readers who enter by leaving a comment on the main contest page by midnight Eastern Time tonight.
-I’ll give 30,000 points away to a reader who finds the best Cash & Points (my favorite type) redemption value using a maximum 30,000 points. You need to tell me the property, the dates, and the rates you find on spg.com (they can’t be through a corporate rate or aggregator, but need to be rates published by Starwood) and Cash & Points needs to be available.
-I’ll give the second 30,000 points away to the reader who finds the best value out of those 30,000 points for free-night redemptions. No Cash & Points, this has to be a straight-up free night redemption. For example, you could do either three nights at an expensive category 4 hotel (10,000 a night) or a single night at a Category 7 (30,000 a night). I want to see the best bang for the point!
You can only win once, so there will be two individual winners, one for each category. One final disclosure: the 30,000 points have an ARV of $600, so winners will be required to complete W9 forms and pay taxes on them. Winners must already be a member of Starwood Preferred Guest, so if you’re not yet, sign up here.
A few other bloggers are also giving away thousands of bonus points as well, so be sure to enter on their pages as well:
1. Johnnyjet.com: 50,000 points to the person who comes up with the best caption for a picture.
2. Gogreentravelgreen.com: 30,000 point prize to one person.
3. Vagabondish.com: 50,000 point prize to one person.
4. Thevacationgals.com: 50,000 point prize to one person.
5. View from the Wing is giving away two sets of 30,000 points.
6. One Mile at a Time is giving away one set of 50,000 points.
Good luck with the contests, but remember, you don’t even have to enter any of them to earn a potential 60,000 Starpoints just by applying for both the Personal and Business Starwood American Express cards before September 4, 2012, when this promo ends. So you might as well start thinking about how you’d use all those Starpoints and enter my contest to win even more. Good luck!
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees