US Airways Double Miles Out of DCA & 30 Days Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
US Airways recently acquired a bunch of new gates at Reagan National airport as part of the slot swap that gave Delta more space at LaGuardia. To celebrate, they are offering double miles (regular, not elite) for all flights to/from DCA. Details:
- Book July 7 – August 5, 2012
- Travel July 7 – September 30, 2012
- No registration required
- Customers with itineraries connecting through Reagan National Airport (DCA) are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Any itinerary with a Reagan National Airport (DCA) arrival followed by a Reagan National Airport (DCA) departure the same day is considered a connection. (= No same day mileage running, though that wouldn’t make sense since these aren’t preferred miles)
- Miles do not count toward Preferred status.
- US Airways will award miles one to two weeks after travel has been completed.
There’s also a “30 Days of DC” promotion that begins yesterday and the first deal should be announced at some point today. Not sure exactly what this will bring, but I’m assuming anyone can participate, so I’ll be highlighting any particularly good deals.
Welcome to The Points Guy!