Saturday Recap: Club Carlson 10,000 Bonus Points in Asia Pacific, Wyndham 4x Points, End of American Non-Expiring Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a quick recap of the interesting points and miles news from the week.
Club Carlson Asia Pacific Promotion
Club Carlson launched their Two Nights. 10,000 Points promotion at its Asia Pacific properties. Guests can earn 10,000 bonus Gold Points on every eligible stay of two or more consecutive nights between now and September 30, 2012, at any Carlson Hotel such as Radisson Blu, Radisson, and Park Inn in the Asia Pacific region. That’s on top of the standard 20 Gold Points earned per dollar spent for every stay. Free nights start at 9,000 points in the Club Carlson program and there is no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn through this promotion. Members must register for this promotion to be eligible.
Radisson Blu Beke Budapest is one of the properties available for 50% off award redemptions.
50% off Club Carlson award redemptions
Club Carlson announced their 50% off redemptions for stays August 1-September 30, 2012 at selected properties.The 50% off Award Night offer is available to Club Carlson members only at participating Radisson Blu, Park Plaza, and Park Inn by Radisson hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa for Award Night bookings. The offer must be booked using your Club Carlson member number and promotional code 50REDEEM at clubcarlson.com or by phone with Member Services, however it seems to work automatically when booking those properties. The 50% off is only good on award stays, not Points + Cash bookings. See T&C here.
50% Transfer Bonus from RBC Rewards to British Airways
British Airways announced a 50% bonus offer where you can get 1.5 Avios for every RBC Rewards point you convert from now through July 31, 2012, rather than just 1:1. This offer is only available to RBC Visa Infinite Avion, RBC Royal Bank Visa Platinum Avion and RBC Royal Bank Visa Business Platinum Avion cardholders who convert a minimum of 10,000 points. To transfer RBC Rewards points to Avios, call 1-800-769-2512. Since British Airways awards are distance-based, take a look a their Avios calculator to find out how many Avios you will need to redeem before transferring. Hat tip: View from the Wing.
BMI Diamond Club & Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Partnership Ending on August 31
British Midland and Virgin Atlantic’s partnership will be ending on August 31, 2012. After that day, award redemptions using British Midland miles will no longer be allowed on Virgin Atlantic, and vice versa. Vigin Alantic’s site states that for new reward bookings please contact your local Flying Club helpline to check availability and travel must be completed on or before August 31, 2012, not just booked by that date. However it also says all existing reward bookings on bmi for travel on or after September 1, 2012, will be honored. I take this to mean awards will still be honored after that date, however you will no longer accrue miles after that date. Hat tip: One Mile at a Time.
Starting Novemeber 1, American’s Old Non-Expiring Miles Will Now be Subject Expiration.
American Airlines announced this week a change to all AAdvantage miles earned before July 1, 1989, which previously didn’t expire. Starting on November 1, 2012, these miles will be converted to miles that will be subject to expiration. If you have miles with no expiration in your account, you will automatically earn a 25% mileage bonus when these miles are converted. If you have more than 10,000 of the old miles, you can still redeem these miles for regular awards from the original AAdvantage award structure by calling AAdvantage Reservations. However, if you do not have the minimum for an award in the old system, then you can combine these miles with your current Advantage miles to claim awards based on the current mileage requirements on AA.com. On November 1, the original AAdvantage award structure will be discontinued. To have your miles converted and to earn the mileage bonus, you do not need to take any action. As long as you earn or redeem AAdvantage miles at least once every 18 months, your miles will not expire. Hat tip: View from the Wing.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.