Saturday Recap: Club Carlson 10,000 Bonus Points in Asia Pacific, Wyndham 4x Points, End of American Non-Expiring Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a quick recap of the interesting points and miles news from the week.
Club Carlson Asia Pacific Promotion
Club Carlson launched their Two Nights. 10,000 Points promotion at its Asia Pacific properties. Guests can earn 10,000 bonus Gold Points on every eligible stay of two or more consecutive nights between now and September 30, 2012, at any Carlson Hotel such as Radisson Blu, Radisson, and Park Inn in the Asia Pacific region. That’s on top of the standard 20 Gold Points earned per dollar spent for every stay. Free nights start at 9,000 points in the Club Carlson program and there is no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn through this promotion. Members must register for this promotion to be eligible.
Radisson Blu Beke Budapest is one of the properties available for 50% off award redemptions.
50% off Club Carlson award redemptions
Club Carlson announced their 50% off redemptions for stays August 1-September 30, 2012 at selected properties.The 50% off Award Night offer is available to Club Carlson members only at participating Radisson Blu, Park Plaza, and Park Inn by Radisson hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa for Award Night bookings. The offer must be booked using your Club Carlson member number and promotional code 50REDEEM at clubcarlson.com or by phone with Member Services, however it seems to work automatically when booking those properties. The 50% off is only good on award stays, not Points + Cash bookings. See T&C here.
50% Transfer Bonus from RBC Rewards to British Airways
British Airways announced a 50% bonus offer where you can get 1.5 Avios for every RBC Rewards point you convert from now through July 31, 2012, rather than just 1:1. This offer is only available to RBC Visa Infinite Avion, RBC Royal Bank Visa Platinum Avion and RBC Royal Bank Visa Business Platinum Avion cardholders who convert a minimum of 10,000 points. To transfer RBC Rewards points to Avios, call 1-800-769-2512. Since British Airways awards are distance-based, take a look a their Avios calculator to find out how many Avios you will need to redeem before transferring. Hat tip: View from the Wing.
BMI Diamond Club & Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Partnership Ending on August 31
British Midland and Virgin Atlantic’s partnership will be ending on August 31, 2012. After that day, award redemptions using British Midland miles will no longer be allowed on Virgin Atlantic, and vice versa. Vigin Alantic’s site states that for new reward bookings please contact your local Flying Club helpline to check availability and travel must be completed on or before August 31, 2012, not just booked by that date. However it also says all existing reward bookings on bmi for travel on or after September 1, 2012, will be honored. I take this to mean awards will still be honored after that date, however you will no longer accrue miles after that date. Hat tip: One Mile at a Time.
Starting Novemeber 1, American’s Old Non-Expiring Miles Will Now be Subject Expiration.
American Airlines announced this week a change to all AAdvantage miles earned before July 1, 1989, which previously didn’t expire. Starting on November 1, 2012, these miles will be converted to miles that will be subject to expiration. If you have miles with no expiration in your account, you will automatically earn a 25% mileage bonus when these miles are converted. If you have more than 10,000 of the old miles, you can still redeem these miles for regular awards from the original AAdvantage award structure by calling AAdvantage Reservations. However, if you do not have the minimum for an award in the old system, then you can combine these miles with your current Advantage miles to claim awards based on the current mileage requirements on AA.com. On November 1, the original AAdvantage award structure will be discontinued. To have your miles converted and to earn the mileage bonus, you do not need to take any action. As long as you earn or redeem AAdvantage miles at least once every 18 months, your miles will not expire. Hat tip: View from the Wing.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees