Reminder: British Airways Visa 100,000 Bonus Ends Tomorrow: July 17, 2012
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – British Airways Visa Signature Card
– 50,000 bonus Avios after your first purchase
–25,000 bonus Avios after you make $10,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening
-Plus an additional 25,000 bonus Avios after you make a total of $20,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening
Additional card features and fees:
–New: Smart Chip technology allows you to use your card for chip-based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.
– 1.25 miles for every dollar spent on the card
– 2.5 miles per dollar spent on British Airways travel
– No foreign transaction fees
– Companion certificate after $30,000 in spend. This companion ticket allows a second award redemption for free (It’s like getting another 100,000 miles). So if you use 100,000 miles for a business class ticket from Los Angeles to London, the second business class ticket costs 0 miles (you only pay taxes and fees). A potentially huge value.
Meeting Spending Requirements
In order to get the full 100,000 Avios, you have to hit $20,000 spending in the first year–that’s quite a bit of money. However, there are a lot of great, cheap ways to meet your spending requirements while still using your credit responsibly by putting as many of your expenses on your credit card as possible, and getting creative with the ways you spend, such as buying gift cards or even paying your taxes and then writing off that cost as a business expense, so look at all your options and channel your spending into the ones with the most payable potential for you.
Once you’re at $20,000, you could even try going for the $30,000 threshold that will earn you a free companion ticket on the airline and take advantage of those expensive premium class redemptions.
Maximizing British Airways Avios Series
Once you’ve scored your 100,000 Avios (125,000+, actually, once you meet your spending requirements), you’ll want to know all the ways you can use them, so check out my series on Maximizing British Airways Avios. Posts include: Master FAQ Post on Chase British Airways 100,000 Avios Offer, Spotlight on Taxes and Fees, Distance-Based Awards, Travel Together Companion Ticket, Household Accounts, Using Avios to Upgrade Paid Tickets, The Avios and Cash Option, Save Money on Fuel Surcharges by Transferring British Airways Avios to Iberia, Using Avios For Non-Flight Redemptions.
Do you have questions about this offer, or suggestions for other readers on how to meet the spending requirements for this bonus? Leave a comment below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.