TPG Twitter 10,000 Point Giveaway Bonanza
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ll be honest, when I first joined Twitter over three years ago I thought it was really stupid. Why would someone need to write mini messages for the world to see? Why do people need to Tweet that they are eating or going to the bathroom? Newsflash: No one cares.
However, I quickly realized there was huge value in the service when used strategically. For those who aren’t members, Twitter basically allows you to create your own personalized newsfeed at your own discretion So you can “follow” news sources, celebrities, politicians – even your favorite travel bloggers (hint, hint). So when you log-in to Twitter, you have a stream of information from sources that you want to hear from. It’s a great way to instantly pull in lots of bits of information and I naturally go to my Twitter feed whenever there’s breaking news since it spreads the quickest before hitting the major news sites.
As of about 11pm last night when I wrote this post, I was at 9,991 followers so I think crossing the 10,000 mark calls for some giveaways! All of these require you to be on Twitter (trust me, it’s simple!) so if you don’t have an account, sign up for one here.
Then go here and “Follow” me, which is required to win any prizes.
Now to the good stuff: There will be five giveaways of 10,000 points– you can choose American Express Membership Rewards or Chase Ultimate Rewards, transferred to the partner of your choice.
Amex Membership Rewards Transfer Partners: Delta, British Airways, Aeroplan, Asia Miles, Singapore, ANA, Virgin Atlantic, El Al, Alitalia, Flying Blue, Aeromexico, Hawaiian, Jetblue, Virgin America, Frontier, Starwood, Hilton, Best Western, Choice, Jumeirah, Priority Club.
Chase Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partners: United, British Airways, Southwest, Korean, Hyatt, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, Priority Club and Amtrak
Two Ways to Win
1) Tweet me with why you are a points addict and hashtag it with #TPG10k. Note, I use the term addict lovingly – even if you are a newbie, just tell me why you like to travel or what you like/dislike about my site and you’ll be qualified.
So for those Twitter beginners, heres how to do it, step by step.
1) Log-in to your new Twitter account and just start typing in the Tweet box to the left of the screen as shown below.
2) Start it with @thepointsguy (so it gets to me and I can officially consider you for the prizes), then write your entry and then end it with #TPG10k. The reason you hashtag it is so you can then click on that hashtag and read everyone else’s responses, which I’m sure will be entertaining.
There will be three winners from this method, drawn at random after I cross the 10,000 mark. Two will be drawn on Friday throughout the day and one on Saturday at 10:10am.
2) The second method is to Retweet my Tweet about the giveaway. As this post goes live, I’ll be Tweeting “Today should be the day I hit 10k followers: Tell me why you’re a points addict and win 10,000 points! #TPG10k”. All you need to do is hit the retweet button to help me promote this and you’ll be automatically entered. One winner will be selected Friday afternoon and one on Saturday morning.
I also have some runner up prizes that I’ll be giving away throughout the day, like new American Airlines amenity kits and First Class pajamas and fellow travel entrepreneur Chris Guillebeau’s new book, The $100 Startup, which I’m in the process of reading and is a great inspiration for any of the entrepreneurs out there. I also have goodies left over from the Oneworld MegaDo, such as scale models of a Boeing 787 and British Airways A320, several pilot dressed teddy bears, a Boeing hat, coffee mug, water bottle, t-shirts and Qantas pjs.
If you are a winner, I’ll direct message you with details on how to fulfill the prize. The official rules are whatever I want them to be, so just play along and have fun and hope to win some free points!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.