TPG Twitter 10,000 Point Giveaway Bonanza
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ll be honest, when I first joined Twitter over three years ago I thought it was really stupid. Why would someone need to write mini messages for the world to see? Why do people need to Tweet that they are eating or going to the bathroom? Newsflash: No one cares.
However, I quickly realized there was huge value in the service when used strategically. For those who aren’t members, Twitter basically allows you to create your own personalized newsfeed at your own discretion So you can “follow” news sources, celebrities, politicians – even your favorite travel bloggers (hint, hint). So when you log-in to Twitter, you have a stream of information from sources that you want to hear from. It’s a great way to instantly pull in lots of bits of information and I naturally go to my Twitter feed whenever there’s breaking news since it spreads the quickest before hitting the major news sites.
As of about 11pm last night when I wrote this post, I was at 9,991 followers so I think crossing the 10,000 mark calls for some giveaways! All of these require you to be on Twitter (trust me, it’s simple!) so if you don’t have an account, sign up for one here.
Then go here and “Follow” me, which is required to win any prizes.
Now to the good stuff: There will be five giveaways of 10,000 points– you can choose American Express Membership Rewards or Chase Ultimate Rewards, transferred to the partner of your choice.
Amex Membership Rewards Transfer Partners: Delta, British Airways, Aeroplan, Asia Miles, Singapore, ANA, Virgin Atlantic, El Al, Alitalia, Flying Blue, Aeromexico, Hawaiian, Jetblue, Virgin America, Frontier, Starwood, Hilton, Best Western, Choice, Jumeirah, Priority Club.
Chase Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partners: United, British Airways, Southwest, Korean, Hyatt, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, Priority Club and Amtrak
Two Ways to Win
1) Tweet me with why you are a points addict and hashtag it with #TPG10k. Note, I use the term addict lovingly – even if you are a newbie, just tell me why you like to travel or what you like/dislike about my site and you’ll be qualified.
So for those Twitter beginners, heres how to do it, step by step.
1) Log-in to your new Twitter account and just start typing in the Tweet box to the left of the screen as shown below.
2) Start it with @thepointsguy (so it gets to me and I can officially consider you for the prizes), then write your entry and then end it with #TPG10k. The reason you hashtag it is so you can then click on that hashtag and read everyone else’s responses, which I’m sure will be entertaining.
There will be three winners from this method, drawn at random after I cross the 10,000 mark. Two will be drawn on Friday throughout the day and one on Saturday at 10:10am.
2) The second method is to Retweet my Tweet about the giveaway. As this post goes live, I’ll be Tweeting “Today should be the day I hit 10k followers: Tell me why you’re a points addict and win 10,000 points! #TPG10k”. All you need to do is hit the retweet button to help me promote this and you’ll be automatically entered. One winner will be selected Friday afternoon and one on Saturday morning.
I also have some runner up prizes that I’ll be giving away throughout the day, like new American Airlines amenity kits and First Class pajamas and fellow travel entrepreneur Chris Guillebeau’s new book, The $100 Startup, which I’m in the process of reading and is a great inspiration for any of the entrepreneurs out there. I also have goodies left over from the Oneworld MegaDo, such as scale models of a Boeing 787 and British Airways A320, several pilot dressed teddy bears, a Boeing hat, coffee mug, water bottle, t-shirts and Qantas pjs.
If you are a winner, I’ll direct message you with details on how to fulfill the prize. The official rules are whatever I want them to be, so just play along and have fun and hope to win some free points!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees