Saturday Recap: $10 Amex Credits and Bonus Miles On American, Delta, US Airways
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A few interesting deals and news items came up this week so I wanted to put them into a tidy wrap-up this Saturday.
$10 Small Business Amex Credits
American Express is giving cardholders in Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia a $10 statement credit when they spend $10 or more in a single purchase at a qualifying small businesses through July 4th. If you live in one of those cities or if you will be visiting soon, then be sure to take advantage of it, because it’s basically getting $10 for free.
While I couldn’t find a specific list for which merchants are considered small businesses, you can find eligible small businesses (that accept Amex) in your zip code by using this tool so those all should work.
Terms and Conditions:
Note: This is the Boston T&C, but it is the same as the other two cities. Limit one per Card across platforms; Cardmembers who have already received a Shop Small Boston statement credit through Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare are not eligible. Registration is limited. Spend $10 or more in a single purchase by 7/4/12. Offer valid in-store at qualifying small businesses in the Boston metro area. Payments using Square are not eligible for this offer. Prepaid and Corporate Cards are not eligible. Offer not valid at government agencies, charities, non-profits, trade associations, shopping property management firms, political, religious or educational organizations, and some franchise locations. Refer to the Shop Small Map and Directory for qualifying businesses. Statement credits are generally issued within 3-5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing periods to post to your account. If your registered Card is replaced during the promotional period, please call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance.
Hat tip: TPG reader Joey.
10,000 Bonus American Miles On Cathay Pacific
American Airlines AAdvantage members can earn up to 10,000 bonus miles when they fly premium classes on Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong this summer. Reservations must be booked between June 15-July 31 for travel between June 15-August 15. Passengers can fly Cathay Pacific roundtrip from Chicago, LA, New York, San Francisco or Vancouver. Passengers who fly business class (J, C, D or I fares) earn 8,000 bonus miles, while first-class passengers (F or A fares) will earn the full 10,000 bonus miles in addition to the standard base miles and class-of-service bonus. Just remember when booking your travel on aa.com that you must use the code CXS12 to qualify for the bonuses.
3,000 Bonus Miles To Join Admirals Club
Another quick bonus for American Airlines members. If you register for this promotion with the promo code QPM12 and join the Admirals Club with an annual membership by June 30, you can earn 3,000 bonus miles. Admirals Club membership ranges from $350-$500 depending on your elite level.
1,000 Delta SkyMiles For Using FedEx
Delta SkyMiles members can earn over 1,000 bonus miles with FedEx. Link your Delta number with your FedEx number and you’ll earn 500 bonus miles with your first shipment, and 500 more miles with your fourth shipment, plus 1 mile per dollar spent on FedEx shipments…in addition to the 2 miles per $1 you can earn with FedEx purchases through SkyMiles Shopping.
50% US Airways Bonus On Hotels And Cars
US Airways Dividend Miles members can earn a 50% bonus on hotel stays or car rentals booked through USAirways.com from now through August 12, 2012. All Dividend Miles hotel and car partners are eligible for this offer. Bonus miles don’t count toward Preferred status.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.