JetBlue Summer Sale, Pay Now Save Later With Discount Coupon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue recently announced a summer sale, only unlike other straight-up sales where you get a discount on the tickets you buy, this one gives you discounts on future travel on the airline.
Here are the conditions:
- Register by June 22, 2012
- Travel June 25 – August 22, 2012 (if roundtrip, both departing and return flights must take place during the promo period)
- Promo code to be emailed on or around August 30
- Discount must be redeemed by September 20, 2012 for travel between September 4 and November 15, 2012 – and if you book an itinerary before September 20 but then change it, even if you’re still flying within the applicable travel window, you still forfeit your coupon code
- Savings based on per person price of booking (see chart below)
- Only spending on JetBlue fares – so no taxes, fees, award tickets, partner flights, baggage fees, etc. are included in the numbers below
Here’s the breakdown of the discounts you earn based on what you spend.
|Each customer spends:||Each registered traveler receives:|
|$0-$100 per customer||$10 off a flight|
|$101-$200 per customer||$25 off a flight|
|$201-$300 per customer||$50 off a flight|
|$301-$500 per customer||$75 off a flight|
|$500+ per customer||$100 off a flight|
So the spending and discount codes are based per passenger, not on the total itinerary cost. If you’ve already made your booking, you can still earn these promo codes, just be sure to register for the promo by tomorrow. You get one code per booking, so you might be spending $500 altogether on your summer travel, but if that’s split up into 5 trips of $100 each, you’ll get 5 coupons for $10 each rather than 1 coupon for $100.
The other sticking point? Coupon codes cannot be combined. So if you did get 5 of them, you’d have to use each one separately (i.e. on 5 different itineraries) – so try to consolidate any travel you might earn these with in order to get fewer, larger coupons. The codes cannot be partially redeemed – so try to use them on a ticket at or above the price they’re worth.
Is this an amazing summer promo? Not really. But you could get up to almost 25% off if you book toward the lower end of the $101, $201 and $301 thresholds. If you spend $501 and get a $100 coupon, that’s almost 20%. Not bad overall if you have a bunch of JetBlue travel coming up.
I just wish there were less constraints on when you could use those coupons. Only giving flyers a 3-week window between when they receive the codes and the deadline to book, and then just 2 months to fly seems restrictive. But hey, every dollar counts especially with airfares on the rise!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.