JetBlue Summer Sale, Pay Now Save Later With Discount Coupon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue recently announced a summer sale, only unlike other straight-up sales where you get a discount on the tickets you buy, this one gives you discounts on future travel on the airline.
Here are the conditions:
- Register by June 22, 2012
- Travel June 25 – August 22, 2012 (if roundtrip, both departing and return flights must take place during the promo period)
- Promo code to be emailed on or around August 30
- Discount must be redeemed by September 20, 2012 for travel between September 4 and November 15, 2012 – and if you book an itinerary before September 20 but then change it, even if you’re still flying within the applicable travel window, you still forfeit your coupon code
- Savings based on per person price of booking (see chart below)
- Only spending on JetBlue fares – so no taxes, fees, award tickets, partner flights, baggage fees, etc. are included in the numbers below
Here’s the breakdown of the discounts you earn based on what you spend.
|Each customer spends:||Each registered traveler receives:|
|$0-$100 per customer||$10 off a flight|
|$101-$200 per customer||$25 off a flight|
|$201-$300 per customer||$50 off a flight|
|$301-$500 per customer||$75 off a flight|
|$500+ per customer||$100 off a flight|
So the spending and discount codes are based per passenger, not on the total itinerary cost. If you’ve already made your booking, you can still earn these promo codes, just be sure to register for the promo by tomorrow. You get one code per booking, so you might be spending $500 altogether on your summer travel, but if that’s split up into 5 trips of $100 each, you’ll get 5 coupons for $10 each rather than 1 coupon for $100.
The other sticking point? Coupon codes cannot be combined. So if you did get 5 of them, you’d have to use each one separately (i.e. on 5 different itineraries) – so try to consolidate any travel you might earn these with in order to get fewer, larger coupons. The codes cannot be partially redeemed – so try to use them on a ticket at or above the price they’re worth.
Is this an amazing summer promo? Not really. But you could get up to almost 25% off if you book toward the lower end of the $101, $201 and $301 thresholds. If you spend $501 and get a $100 coupon, that’s almost 20%. Not bad overall if you have a bunch of JetBlue travel coming up.
I just wish there were less constraints on when you could use those coupons. Only giving flyers a 3-week window between when they receive the codes and the deadline to book, and then just 2 months to fly seems restrictive. But hey, every dollar counts especially with airfares on the rise!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees