Get Nicki Minaj With Priority Club Digital Rewards Redemptions – A Good Deal?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Priority Club emailed me the other day to let me know that they’ve expanded their redemption options now to include Digital Rewards from First Club, a company that sells downloadable content including music, games and software.
Merchandise redemptions are usually some of the worst value propositions in the points-redemption world, but I was curious to see just what they were offering so I had a look.
To find the new digital redemption choices, you have to visit digitalrewards.priority club.com and log into your account to start searching the options.
I thought I’d check out the music first since Priority Club said it had access to tons of popular songs, and there actually was a lot of choice out there, including several current Top 40 songs. Redemptions start at 300 points, with more popular songs like Nicki Minaj’s Starships going for 400 points. While it seems like such a nominal amount of points, the same song costs $1.29 on iTunes, meaning you would be getting less than a third of a cent (0.3225 to be precise) of value per point. Next!
Games start at 800 points, but for ones you’d actually want like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, you’d need 7,950 points. The same game costs $29.99 on Amazon.com, meaning you’d only be getting 0.38 cents per point. The case is even worse for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 which requires nearly 16,000 points, but which you can buy for around $39.99 on Amazon. I’d rather spend my points staying at a PointBreaks hotel!
With a sinking feeling, I took a final quick look at the software options. Not only was I unimpressed with the options (Bull Guard Antivirus, Mail For You Solutions Emailing?), but also with the redemption levels. I chose a middle-of-the-road redemption: 10,850 points for Tune Up Utilities 2012 for PCs. The same software cost just $30 on Amazon. That equates to just 0.278 cents per point.
As usual with merchandise redemptions, the question of whether it’s worth it deserves an answer of a resounding no! However, these small redemptions do at least allow those people with just a handful of points (maybe from a random wedding stay) to get something, which I suppose is better than nothing. However, my best advice for Priority Club points is to redeem for hotels, especially PointBreaks of Cash & Point redemptions.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees