Today Only: 35% Off Select Fares With Southwest Promo Code SUMMER12
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest is currently running a one-day sale today for 35% off select flights on May 22nd, May 30-31, June 5-6, July 4-5. The discount is only for Wanna Get Away Fares, which are Southwest’s lowest fares already. Since this is a one-day sale all travel must be booked today 5/15/2012. To get the code automatically applied, search via this link and make the SUMMER12 should be pre-populated in the promo code box.
The discount is valid on almost every route with the exception of a few business routes or some which it competes with the legacy airlines. I tried to make a few sample bookings and while the website was extremely slow, it did finally go through and I was able to continue all the way through checkout. Although this states it’s only available on roundtrips. I was able to get one-ways at the discount levels as well.
For example, I tried Phoenix-Los Angeles on June 5th and all the Wanna Get Away fares were normally $79 but with this discount, it came to only $49.15 including all taxes. For comparison, on the same day Delta also flies PHX-LAX and was its price was $79 without any discount.
If you have summer travel plans and can be relatively flexible on the dates, this could be a way to save some cash since almost all of their routes are on here. Also, even if you would not normally consider flying Southwest, these can be great to book for positioning flights for mileage runs. Just make to sure to allow enough time in between flights if switching carriers.
Terms and Conditions
SUMMER12 and is valid for one-time use at southwest.com or SWABIZ.com off the total amount of a roundtrip Wanna Get Away Fare® purchase before taxes and fees.
Purchase must be made on 5/15/12 for travel on one of the following dates: May 22, May 30-31, June 5-6, July 4-5, 2012.
Discount is available on new reservations only and may not be applied to existing reservations. If you have an existing reservation, you may cancel it and rebook on 5/15/2012 only for the dates and itinerary valid for the promotion. You must use the Promotional Code SUMMER12 to receive the 35% off. Any remaining funds from a cancelled reservation will follow the original fare rules for refundability.
Discount is not valid for travel between the following market pairs
New York LaGuardia—Chicago Midway
Kansas City—San Diego
Chicago Midway—San Diego
Chicago Midway—San Antonio
Chicago Midway—San Francisco
St. Louis—Tampa Bay
The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!
This promotion includes only Wanna Get Away Fares. Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards points.
Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualifications for this promotion.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.