New Priority Club PointBreaks List Released for Stays Through July 31, 2012
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you are unaware or haven’t paid attention to Priority Club PointBreaks, you should. They allow you to use a measly 5,000 Priority Club points (which transfer 1:1 from American Express Membership Rewards – note that relationship ends June 30, 2012 and Chase Ultimate Rewards). Historically I haven’t taken advantage of them too much, but this all changed last month when I was asking sage TPG readers for advice on Phnom Penh, Cambodia and someone reminded me that the Intercontinental was on PointBreaks. The night I needed was available on PointBreaks (you book them like normal award rooms at PriorityClub.com), so I got a room, which was upgraded to a Club Room due to my Royal Ambassador status, for only 5,000 points – vs paying $180. The PointBreaks room included tax and lounge access (full breakfast and afternoon drinks) so I practically felt like I was robbing the place with the value I got out of the award.
This round is pretty decent, with a number of Intercontinentals available – including the Intercontinental Mauritius, which I thoroughly enjoyed last summer. I have a friend who is going to Bucharest in a couple weeks and was initially looking at the Radisson Blu (to obviously take advantage of the 50,000 point promo), but is now going to spend most of the time at the Intercontinental for only 5,000 points a night since the Radissson only requires a single night stay for the bonus. He doesn’t even have a Priority Club account, but he does have a bundle of Chase Ultimate Rewards from his Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold cards, so he was able to instantly open a Priority Club account here and then transfer the points needed for his stay. In this example, 3 nights in June would have cost $406, so his 15,000 Ultimate Rewards points each saved him 2.7 cents a piece. Not bad for a hotel redemption using points.
Note: You can also “buy” Priority Club points using the Cash & Points method I outlined in #7 here, but note that they recently increased the cost per point to .7 cents per point, thus making each PointBreaks night only $35.
Full list of Properties in case you need any vacation ideas:
HOLIDAY INN PORTLAND-BY THE BAYMICHIGAN
CANDLEWOOD SUITES DETROIT-WARRENMINNESOTA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL BLOOMINGTON MSP AIRPORT / MOAMISSOURI
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL ST. LOUIS AIRPORT
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS ST. LOUIS AIRPORT- RIVERPORTMISSISSIPPI
HOLIDAY INN MERIDIAN E – I 20/I 59MONTANA
HOLIDAY INN BOZEMANNORTH CAROLINA
HOTEL INDIGO RALEIGH DURHAM AIRPORT AT RTP
STAYBRIDGE SUITES CHARLOTTE-ARROWOODNORTH DAKOTA
STAYBRIDGE SUITES MINOTNEBRASKA
STAYBRIDGE SUITES LINCOLN I-80NEW HAMPSHIRE
HOLIDAY INN HOTEL AND SUITES NASHUA
HOLIDAY INN ROCK SPRINGS
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL ZHONGSHAN XIAOLAN
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL SHENZHEN LONGGANG CITY CENTRE
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL GUANGZHOU HUADU
HOLIDAY INN HANGZHOU CBD
HOLIDAY INN SHANGHAI SONGJIANG
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS SHANGHAI NANHUIZUI
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS SHANGDI BEIJING
HOTEL INDIGO SHANGHAI ON THE BUND
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL HEFEI
HOLIDAY INN RESORT BATAM
INTERCONTINENTAL KUALA LUMPUR
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS TAOYUAN
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL DANANG
Central & South America
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL BELEM
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS QUITO
HOLIDAY INN SAN SALVADOR
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL GUATEMALA
INTERCONTINENTAL REAL TEGUCIGALPA
HOLIDAY INN ANDORRA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL VILNIUS
HOLIDAY INN PORTO – GAIA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL BRATISLAVA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL ANTALYA
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS EXETER M5, JCT. 29
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS NEWCASTLE – METRO CENTRE
HOLIDAY INN GLASGOW AIRPORT
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS GLASGOW – CITY CTR RIVERSIDE
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL LONDON – GATWICK AIRPORT
HOLIDAY INN OXFORD
HOLIDAY INN PORTSMOUTH
HOLIDAY INN STRATFORD UPON AVON
HOLIDAY INN TAUNTON M5, JCT.25
HOLIDAY INN LANCASTER
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL MEXICALI-BAJA CALIFORNIA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL TUXPAN
HOLIDAY INN QUERETARO-CENTRO HISTORICO
HOLIDAY INN MONTERREY-PARQUE FUNDIDORA
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES MEXICO CITY AT THE WTC
INTERCONTINENTAL PRESIDENTE PUEBLA
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.