New Priority Club PointBreaks List Released for Stays Through July 31, 2012
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you are unaware or haven’t paid attention to Priority Club PointBreaks, you should. They allow you to use a measly 5,000 Priority Club points (which transfer 1:1 from American Express Membership Rewards – note that relationship ends June 30, 2012 and Chase Ultimate Rewards). Historically I haven’t taken advantage of them too much, but this all changed last month when I was asking sage TPG readers for advice on Phnom Penh, Cambodia and someone reminded me that the Intercontinental was on PointBreaks. The night I needed was available on PointBreaks (you book them like normal award rooms at PriorityClub.com), so I got a room, which was upgraded to a Club Room due to my Royal Ambassador status, for only 5,000 points – vs paying $180. The PointBreaks room included tax and lounge access (full breakfast and afternoon drinks) so I practically felt like I was robbing the place with the value I got out of the award.
This round is pretty decent, with a number of Intercontinentals available – including the Intercontinental Mauritius, which I thoroughly enjoyed last summer. I have a friend who is going to Bucharest in a couple weeks and was initially looking at the Radisson Blu (to obviously take advantage of the 50,000 point promo), but is now going to spend most of the time at the Intercontinental for only 5,000 points a night since the Radissson only requires a single night stay for the bonus. He doesn’t even have a Priority Club account, but he does have a bundle of Chase Ultimate Rewards from his Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold cards, so he was able to instantly open a Priority Club account here and then transfer the points needed for his stay. In this example, 3 nights in June would have cost $406, so his 15,000 Ultimate Rewards points each saved him 2.7 cents a piece. Not bad for a hotel redemption using points.
Note: You can also “buy” Priority Club points using the Cash & Points method I outlined in #7 here, but note that they recently increased the cost per point to .7 cents per point, thus making each PointBreaks night only $35.
Full list of Properties in case you need any vacation ideas:
HOLIDAY INN PORTLAND-BY THE BAYMICHIGAN
CANDLEWOOD SUITES DETROIT-WARRENMINNESOTA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL BLOOMINGTON MSP AIRPORT / MOAMISSOURI
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL ST. LOUIS AIRPORT
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS ST. LOUIS AIRPORT- RIVERPORTMISSISSIPPI
HOLIDAY INN MERIDIAN E – I 20/I 59MONTANA
HOLIDAY INN BOZEMANNORTH CAROLINA
HOTEL INDIGO RALEIGH DURHAM AIRPORT AT RTP
STAYBRIDGE SUITES CHARLOTTE-ARROWOODNORTH DAKOTA
STAYBRIDGE SUITES MINOTNEBRASKA
STAYBRIDGE SUITES LINCOLN I-80NEW HAMPSHIRE
HOLIDAY INN HOTEL AND SUITES NASHUA
HOLIDAY INN ROCK SPRINGS
INTERCONTINENTAL RESORT MAURITIUS (Stayed here last summer and got upgraded to a Presidential Suite as a Royal Ambassador)
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL ZHONGSHAN XIAOLAN
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL SHENZHEN LONGGANG CITY CENTRE
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL GUANGZHOU HUADU
HOLIDAY INN HANGZHOU CBD
HOLIDAY INN SHANGHAI SONGJIANG
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS SHANGHAI NANHUIZUI
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS SHANGDI BEIJING
HOTEL INDIGO SHANGHAI ON THE BUND
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL HEFEI
HOLIDAY INN RESORT BATAM
INTERCONTINENTAL KUALA LUMPUR
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS TAOYUAN
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL DANANG
Central & South America
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL BELEM
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS QUITO
HOLIDAY INN SAN SALVADOR
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL GUATEMALA
INTERCONTINENTAL REAL TEGUCIGALPA
HOLIDAY INN ANDORRA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL VILNIUS
HOLIDAY INN PORTO – GAIA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL BRATISLAVA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL ANTALYA
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS EXETER M5, JCT. 29
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS NEWCASTLE – METRO CENTRE
HOLIDAY INN GLASGOW AIRPORT
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS GLASGOW – CITY CTR RIVERSIDE
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL LONDON – GATWICK AIRPORT
HOLIDAY INN OXFORD
HOLIDAY INN PORTSMOUTH
HOLIDAY INN STRATFORD UPON AVON
HOLIDAY INN TAUNTON M5, JCT.25
HOLIDAY INN LANCASTER
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL MEXICALI-BAJA CALIFORNIA
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL TUXPAN
HOLIDAY INN QUERETARO-CENTRO HISTORICO
HOLIDAY INN MONTERREY-PARQUE FUNDIDORA
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES MEXICO CITY AT THE WTC
INTERCONTINENTAL PRESIDENTE PUEBLA
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees