Hilton HHonors Gold Status Fast Track (4 Stays in 90 Days)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton announced a promotion for Carlson Wagonlit Travel customers that’s kind of like an airline elite status challenge. Travelers stay four times within 90 days of registering for the promotion to get HHonors Gold Status. Update: Some people have reported getting the upgraded status within minutes of signing up – I have Hilton Silver and my status has not changed since signing up, so it’s very likely you can’t have elite status in order to get the Gold.
Usually it takes 16 stays or 36 nights within a year to earn Gold Status (it’s the mid-tier status after Silver), so this could potentially save you a huge amount of time and money if you have some Hilton stays coming up (or can plan a few). As far as mid-tier status, Hilton Gold is one of (if not) the best of the major hotel chains.
Gold Status gets you the following perks:
• Complimentary high-speed internet access
• Room upgrades based upon availability
• 25% bonus on all HHonors Base Points with every stay
• Complimentary Health Club access to hotel owned and operated facilities
The potential for room upgrades plus those bonus points (learn more about how to maximize your HHonors points earning) and the free internet are definite pluses in my book. Especially in Europe where internet can cost you in the neighborhood of 20 euros a day, that could be huge savings. You can find the full list of Gold benefits here.
There are just a couple things to keep in mind. Because this promotion is in conjunction with Carlson Wagonlit you have to book your stay through them—still their prices are on par with booking engines like Orbitz and Expedia, so that shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
The great thing about this promo is that you only need to register by December 31, 2013, so you’ve got a ton of time and can plan your travel accordingly since there’s no real time crunch. For instance, if you don’t have any travel coming up, wait until you have a particularly busy 90-day window and try to squeeze your four Hilton stays in there, and voila, you’ll have your Gold status. Once you earn Gold status, you’ll have that status for the remainder of the calendar year and the subsequent calendar year, so if you were going to try to maximize the potential of this promo, try to get your stays in early in 2013, and you could have Gold status through 2014, potentially almost two years!
If you don’t have a Hilton HHonors account, you can sign up for one here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees