Friendly Reminders: Cheap Hyatt Points, British Airways 100,000 Avios End Date and American Airlines Event
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – British Airways Visa Signature Card
Three quick updates:
1) Hyatt points go on sale tomorrow during Daily Getaways at around a penny a piece. These will be very difficult to get, so you’ll want to get in on the pre-sale at noon and the general sale at 1pm. You should like Hyatt on Facebook to get the pre-sale code and information (while you’re at it “like” TPG as well!). I will have a detailed post on which packages make the most sense tomorrow, but wanted to remind those especially in Asia that you might want to stay up late for this one!
2) I just got notice that Chase will pull the current 100,000 Avios sign-up bonus on the British Airways Visa on or before June 7, 2012 so plan accordingly if you’ve been waiting for your next round of credit card applications. I’ve written a lot about this offer and how it might make sense for a lot of people. Overall, it’s listed as my Top Deal at the moment and even if you can’t spend the $20,000 to get the full 100,000 – you get 50,000 after your first purchase, which I think is pretty generous.
3) I’m off to Dallas this evening for a big American Airlines press conference tomorrow aboard a “widebody aircraft.” They’ll be talking about premium enhancements, so I hope I’ll get to see their new business and first class in person. AA bigwigs like Virasb Vahidi, American’s Chief Commercial Officer, Maya Leibman, American’s Chief Information Officer and Rob Friedman, American’s Vice President – Marketing will all be in attendance. I’ll be live Tweeting from the event so make sure you follow me @thepointsguy so let me know if you have any questions you’d like me to ask.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees