Friendly Reminders: Cheap Hyatt Points, British Airways 100,000 Avios End Date and American Airlines Event
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – British Airways Visa Signature Card
Three quick updates:
1) Hyatt points go on sale tomorrow during Daily Getaways at around a penny a piece. These will be very difficult to get, so you’ll want to get in on the pre-sale at noon and the general sale at 1pm. You should like Hyatt on Facebook to get the pre-sale code and information (while you’re at it “like” TPG as well!). I will have a detailed post on which packages make the most sense tomorrow, but wanted to remind those especially in Asia that you might want to stay up late for this one!
2) I just got notice that Chase will pull the current 100,000 Avios sign-up bonus on the British Airways Visa on or before June 7, 2012 so plan accordingly if you’ve been waiting for your next round of credit card applications. I’ve written a lot about this offer and how it might make sense for a lot of people. Overall, it’s listed as my Top Deal at the moment and even if you can’t spend the $20,000 to get the full 100,000 – you get 50,000 after your first purchase, which I think is pretty generous.
3) I’m off to Dallas this evening for a big American Airlines press conference tomorrow aboard a “widebody aircraft.” They’ll be talking about premium enhancements, so I hope I’ll get to see their new business and first class in person. AA bigwigs like Virasb Vahidi, American’s Chief Commercial Officer, Maya Leibman, American’s Chief Information Officer and Rob Friedman, American’s Vice President – Marketing will all be in attendance. I’ll be live Tweeting from the event so make sure you follow me @thepointsguy so let me know if you have any questions you’d like me to ask.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.